Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #1

Installing washer and dryer combo in 2014 George Town XL

Is there an electrical hook up already installed some where in the closet, or do I have to run a line?
Looking a ventless unit, does anyone have any comments as to problems down the road? ... Thanks for any info double D
double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #2

We have the Georgetown XL 378 and ours is located in the cabinet to the left as you enter the bedroom.
There should be a 110 volt receptacle in the closet along with the water lines
As for a ventless they will use about 5 gallon of water more per load than the vented type. This is because the heated air is run through the water to cool it down and take our the moisture before returning it to the inside of the coach. Not really an issue unless you dry camp. I don't like wasting the water every load so we chose the vented type.
We love ours.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #3

Which model do you have, my 360 washer plumbing is by the front bathroom behind a panel. Should be there somewhere.
Also I had a ventless combo and would never have one again, would take forever to dry anything.

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #4

We have a splindtide vented and it still takes about 3hours for a small load

rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #5

Waste of money when you can do it at the laundry for two bucks
golfingsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #6

We have had the vented type since we purchased our Georgetown new.
With 3 years and over 35,000 miles on our GT the washer easily paid for itself not only in money saving but the convenience of not having to find, wait and pay for a dirty laundry location.
If you camp out in your Georgetown 2 to 3 months a year or more. Yes get it.
The convenience of washing is a lifesaver as per my DW. She still does jeans and shirts but as previously mentioned it takes awhile to do a load. You are already paying for the water and electric.
The one thing to remember is that it is for small loads and not designed for large amounts. Even in the owners manual it mentions don't wait until you run out of clothes before starting the washer.
We usually do wash every 3-4 days and start it up when we are going out for a few hours. Oh the dryer cycle may rock the rig or you may think you are in California with earthquakes.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #7
Blue Ridge 3600

If you have the room and two outlets installed get the washer/dryer stackables. We went with the Whirlpool model and wonder why we didn't do it sooner. The washer takes 50 minutes on the normal cycle and the dryer never needs more than 45 minutes. The washer spins so fast that the clothes are always dry enough so the dryer finishes in 45 minutes. The advantage is you can do 3 loads in under 3 hours. They are whisper quiet and it does not heat up the bedroom. We can wash 2 king size sheets and 2 pillow cases in the same load. It does do some rocking as the load starts to spin but after all it is a fifth wheel not a laundry mat.
billg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by billg View Post
If you have the room and two outlets installed get the washer/dryer stackables. We went with the Whirlpool model and wonder why we didn't do it sooner. The washer takes 50 minutes on the normal cycle and the dryer never needs more than 45 minutes. The washer spins so fast that the clothes are always dry enough so the dryer finishes in 45 minutes. The advantage is you can do 3 loads in under 3 hours. They are whisper quiet and it does not heat up the bedroom. We can wash 2 king size sheets and 2 pillow cases in the same load. It does do some rocking as the load starts to spin but after all it is a fifth wheel not a laundry mat.
X2 we have a splendide pair and we are full time one to two loads a day.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Pete

Why spend the "two bucks"? Wait to do it at home.

All kidding aside, we used to think the same way. But, we now full time in our motor home and love the washer and dryer. It cost us at least $10+- and 3+- hours every time we used to do a weekly wash. In the 3 years we've full timed, I don't remember a wash & dry for $2.00. They don't exist where we travel. Maybe a wash for $2.00 and then "line" dry".

We've got Ariston by Splendide stackable washer (ARWXF129W) and dryer (TVM63x).

Well worth it to us.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #10

I have heard people complain about the drying portion of a combo ventless washer dryer...they think the dryer doesn't work, it just doesn't dry as well. A vented would be recommend, you'll be happier with the drying function.
MJAlbuquerqueRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #11

In the last three years we have had a ventless combo unit, a vented combo unit and stackable separates, in three different RVs that we have owned. The stackable separates with a vented dryer are our absolute first choice, they wash and dry very well. We find a vented combo is our second choice but it is quite slow to dry due to the size of the drum. We did not find the ventless combo unit dried well and used the campground laundry facilities instead. Whatever your choice, in our experience, the dryer must be vented.
Philip Rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #12

Come to Oregon and I will put the 4 1/2 inch hole for the vent in it for ya no charge.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	68874
Old 01-27-2015, 02:18 AM   #13

We got a Haier apartment washer and dryer after we took out a westinghouse stacked combo that was vented. The combo could only wash or dry at a time which made for a long load turnaround. With the Haiers we can wash and dry at the same time. The dryer uses the same vent that the Westinghouse did. The washer on wheels and is able to go to the sink and hook to the faucet if you want. We just use it in the laundry closet and don't move it. The dryer was easy to install by hanging on the wall.
Reb Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #14

We have the 328 and it is located next to the pantry. We didn't want the expense because we plan on trading up in two years. Read reviews on the combined washer dryers (There isn't enough room or stackables.) before you buy. We ended up with something called a Panda, which does the trick. Though the clothes aren't dry, they aren't dripping and we hung a rope in front of the coach as a clothesline. Voila, we have washed everything except we have learned that putting fuzzy things in probably isn't good for the grey tank. Amazon.com: Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine(6-7lbs Capacity) with Spin Dryer: Appliances
Old 01-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwehba View Post
We have a splindtide vented and it still takes about 3hours for a small load

Then you are packing it too full. Or your exhaust is plugged. We have the vented Splendide and it will dry two pair of jeans in 30 minutes.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags