Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #1

Intermittent squeal in the dash heater

Have an 07 f-53 with an intermittent squeal in the dash heater. Comes with heater on in any of the right hand positions, dash/floor or def. With fan on or off. Does not change pitch or volume with changes in fan speed. Stops immediately when you put selector in the straight up off position. Frequency is irregular every couple of minutes for a few seconds to 10 or 12.
Dash AC is also acting up gets cool for about 15 minutes then starts blowing warm. No squeal in AC mode.

Anyone had this before? Guess's what to look at?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg View Post
Have an 07 f-53 with an intermittent squeal in the dash heater. Comes with heater on in any of the right hand positions, dash/floor or def. With fan on or off. Does not change pitch or volume with changes in fan speed. Stops immediately when you put selector in the straight up off position. Frequency is irregular every couple of minutes for a few seconds to 10 or 12.
Dash AC is also acting up gets cool for about 15 minutes then starts blowing warm. No squeal in AC mode.

Anyone had this before? Guess's what to look at?

Thanks
How bout this guess? Since the squirrel cage motor with heat makes sound it could very well be a contact between the spinning rotor and the statioary housing. Heat causes expansion, which would cause a rub long before a cold rotor. Most fans are very close clearance to maintain the H20 pressure rise across the fan. If the slightest wear occurs in the overhung shaft bearings, contact will happen with heat before cold.
As for the A/C thats a bit more complex, could be expansion valve not staying open, low on refrig. Should have someone hook up gauges and give a more defined guess. The rub situ above can be verified by removing the suction hose and housing and inspect the rotor in place.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #3

Being that you have a 2007 the foam on the control vents may be damaged and you are hearing pressure leaking around a dampner door.

Does all vents work properly?
Have you tested them all?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #4

dash fan squeal

I had a similar problem with my 2016 Georgetown. Intermittent squeal when dash blower on - any speed, more likely on high. A light tap on outer housing with rubber mallet stopped noise for a few minutes. I suspected the motor bearing. It was an easy task to remove 5 (or was it 6) hex screws to remove motor-squirrel cage assembly. I removed the squirrel cage (Allen wrench) from motor shaft, applied a couple of drops of oil to the bearing and when putting back the squirrel cage I made sure that it didn't touch the stationery bearing. Reinstalled and squeal was gone. I have a long trip planned for next month which will be test to see if solution endures. Even if it doesn't, it took less than 1/2 hour to disassemble, apply oil and reinstall blower assembly. Easy enough to do even on the road.
DennisSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #5

I replaced the blower motor and fan.

I had a similar problem but mine was much worse. I screeched all the time in my 2015 GT. I took the blower motor and fan out and inspected it. the bearing was shot. I replaced the whole blower motor assembly. Problem fixed. It was an easy fix, about $150.
JessSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #6

Do you recall where you purchased the replacement? When I examined mine, the bearing "looked" fine. So I just lubricated it. That doesn't mean it won't still fail. I'd like to have replacement on hand. In big picture $150 not too bad. I just replaced tires!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
DennisSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #7

I found it on ebay

I searched for the part number on the fan motor HV033208. It is an Evans Tempcon Blower motor.

I found it at Marks RV 520-903-7350.
JessSmith is offline   Reply With Quote