Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #1

Inverter for Georgetown

I've been thinking of adding an inverter on my 2004 Georgetown 370TS. Question is, where to install it and what technical issues there may be adding it to the electrical system. Has anyone done this already on their Georgetown? Were there any links on the web that you may have been able to use to help you in the planning or installation process?

Thanks,
Mike
BigMac8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #2

Georgetown Inverter

I installed an inverter on my 2008 Georgetown. Since I was only interested in using the TV.; DVD; or Satellite I bought a 750 watt inverter. It was an easy process; I installed it in the compartment near the door. The Loveseat is over this compartment so I simply drilled a hole through the floor. I ran the wire to a regular outlet box and plugged the other end into the inverter. I ran wire form the house batteries to the inverter (also using an inline fuse).
When I want to watch TV I plug the TV into the outlet and switch on the inverter. One thing to rember is that the large LCD Tv draws a lot of power and the two coach batteries that come with the Georgetown won't run the TV long before the batteries get low. If you are frugal with the interior lights and other power draws you should be able to get 4 hours of TV without running the generator. If you dry camp a lot; the best thing is to install solar panels along with the inverter and you won't need your generator except for the Air conditoner and microwave.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #3

ditto on the above. On our current rig (Fleetwood Flair) I added a 750W inverter and ran a cord to an extra outlet I installed in the cabinet where the sat. receiver, DVD, TV plugs in. One thing I highly reccomend is to ditch the 12V batteries if you haven't already and replace them with 6v golf cart batteries. Much better amp hours in general and for running inverters. Also since we dry camp a lot I added 2 more for a total of 4 batteries.

When our new Georgetown 378 arrives near the end of the month I will do the same with it and also add a 230w solar system to the roof.

For a great site with lots of information about batteries, solar and inverters go to: http://bart.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

This should be a must read for every RVr
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote