Old 09-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
Inverter Installation

I recently purchased a 2015 Georgetown 310DS but it came without an Inverter. Has anyone installed one of these and what is the level of difficulty and all suggestions welcome.

dfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
My first question is why do you want an inverter? Are you prepared to up grade your batteries so that an inverter would really be feasible? Your coach is like my old class A the controller is all that I needed to run things with that said if you are going to a residential style frig then an inverter makes good sense. Use your generator when needed including when your are underway and enjoy.

Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
Inverter Installation

I am installing a xantrex Prowatt 1000 as we speak. I was wanting to watch tv while traveling down the road. Well not me but our grandchildren. I am also installing a transfer switch so the 120 volts going to the entertainment items will switch between shore power and inverter power automatically.
The hardest part was trying to figure where to install it.
If you want I can give more details and maybe take pictures. I have a 2013 378XL.
It's really not difficult.
2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:29 AM   #4
I did it in my 352.
Here is the thread.

Georgetown Inverter Install
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013 Days Camped-10 (in a rental)
2014 Days Camped-52
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-32
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #5
Inverter Installation

Thank you for all of your inputs. Our previous RV was a 2003 Trek which came with a factory installed Xantrex inverter. We used the inverter for many things both on the road and boon docking. Our crock pot was always active enroute as well as our wifi system and various tools all in play. When camping at various rallies without hook ups I do not like turning the genset on during the evening as it bothers some so an inverter is valuable.

David Pierce
2015 GT310DS and 2010 Subaru Towed
dfp is offline   Reply With Quote