Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #1

is it safe

got a georgetown xl370 is it safe to dewinterize it now i live in md on the east side in baltimore co
edxl370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

NO
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #3

No, I live in Wesminster Md and my yard is still full of snow from the last 8" snowfall. Yesterday, it started to melt. If you are not ready to start camping and heading South wait until the end of next month, other then last night the temps have been down in the teens. You never know about Maryland weather.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

As the others said, nope, unless you plan to run heat and turn on the arctic pak. Too soon, this weekend had me wanting to do something on mine. Guess I'll feed the need by going to the RV Show this weekend. Where are you located. I work near White Marsh.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #5

i live in northpoint md got the bug wonted to do something to get redy for the summer i was thinking the weather report said we got some 60 deg weather coming i keep the electric plug in
edxl370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxl370 View Post
i live in northpoint md got the bug wonted to do something to get redy for the summer i was thinking the weather report said we got some 60 deg weather coming i keep the electric plug in
I'll be going through mine and cleaning everything when those 60 degree days get here. It makes for great working weather, don't need heat or cooling. I'm hoping to not find any of those darn Stink Bugs in the curtains. I'll be ready and just waiting to put the water back in as soon as I know we're passed the freezing temps at night.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I'll be going through mine and cleaning everything when those 60 degree days get here. It makes for great working weather, don't need heat or cooling. I'm hoping to not find any of those darn Stink Bugs in the curtains. I'll be ready and just waiting to put the water back in as soon as I know we're passed the freezing temps at night.
I definitely agree. There has been cold snaps into April around here.

Those south Asian stink bugs are already showing around Pasadena. Last year was the first I saw them. Hoping they won't be as bad as last year.
GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingGoatee View Post
I definitely agree. There has been cold snaps into April around here.

Those south Asian stink bugs are already showing around Pasadena. Last year was the first I saw them. Hoping they won't be as bad as last year.
I came across 2 of the little Stinkers inside my house, actually in my bathroom last week. Last year it was a daily thing going out to the motorhome and finding a half dozen or so. Hopefully someone will come up with something to spray to rid us of the little pests!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I'm hoping to not find any of those darn Stink Bugs in the curtains.
Good Luck with that, Charlie. Seems like every time I move something in the camper, a now dead stink bug drops out.....thank goodness the cold weather has killed them. The house is a different matter.....about once a day I find 1 of those puppies crawling around.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Good Luck with that, Charlie. Seems like every time I move something in the camper, a now dead stink bug drops out.....thank goodness the cold weather has killed them. The house is a different matter.....about once a day I find 1 of those puppies crawling around.
They definitely are a tough little bunch of Stinkers. I found three of them about 3 weeks ago in the motorhome and they were still kicking pretty well. I think they're coming in under sthe steps where the batteries are. That's the only place I can guess they're getting in. All of the roof vents are closed and I haven't seen any above the screens. There's no range hood vent, ours recirculates with a filter. Unless they're finding a place under the hood to get in but I can't see where.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR