Old 05-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #41

I'd like to hear from the folks who have installed the steering stabilizers.

Does it actually help tighten up the steering with less adjustments?
Is it worth the money? What brand do you have?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #42

I have the Blue Ox TruCentre, it wasn't cheap compared to other stablizers, but does help. Cross winds and large transports don't push you around as much and the coach doesn't follow road ruts.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to JLArnold
I have a '04 359TS, air bags, Safety Plus, and alignment. Alignment helped but the Safety Plus helped steering. Had a front left blow out about a year ago, after I recovered from the sound of the blow out I was able to get it to the side of the road easily. The tire, rim cover, and front compartment was the only damage. I highly recommend the Safety Plus.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #44

Just got back from 2200 mile FL trip - first extended trip in vehicle. Tire pressure had been set by dealer at 80# on FR GRTN 350T with 22.5" wheels. Vehicle was dancing all over the road. Set pressure to 88# (placard stated 90#) in FL. Second half of trip was half the effort, but still noticed huge difference in steering control vs road quality - with crowned, worn roads still challenging. Still can't take eyes off the road for a second - even checking the mirrors is tough. Having alignment checked this week, and looking at Blue Ox stabilizers (front and rear). Mike
Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Just got back from 2200 mile FL trip - first extended trip in vehicle. Tire pressure had been set by dealer at 80# on FR GRTN 350T with 22.5" wheels. Vehicle was dancing all over the road. Set pressure to 88# (placard stated 90#) in FL. Second half of trip was half the effort, but still noticed huge difference in steering control vs road quality - with crowned, worn roads still challenging. Still can't take eyes off the road for a second - even checking the mirrors is tough. Having alignment checked this week, and looking at Blue Ox stabilizers (front and rear). Mike

Let us know how the alignment goes. You may not need the stabilzer if your tires and alignment is ok. I keep my tires at 90 psi as per sticker on interior wall.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #46

Before I did the free mod to the stabilizer links I found our 2011 350 required 2 hands on the wheel at all times. It had a much greater tendency to sway in the wind or when large rigs were passing by. I also found that it constantly required minor steering corrections to stay in the lane.

Our last trip was to Boston a few weeks ago (about 1000 miles round trip) with cross winds and lots of truck traffic. I drove the entire trip with one hand on the wheel, not much different then driving a car.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Before I did the free mod to the stabilizer links I found our 2011 350 required 2 hands on the wheel at all times. It had a much greater tendency to sway in the wind or when large rigs were passing by. I also found that it constantly required minor steering corrections to stay in the lane.

Our last trip was to Boston a few weeks ago (about 1000 miles round trip) with cross winds and lots of truck traffic. I drove the entire trip with one hand on the wheel, not much different then driving a car.

Mike I also tend to agree with you on the mod.
My front end is being checked as we speak and the steering wheel centered. I will let you know if I notice any further changes.
No matter I still think my 38ft MH drives nice on highways.
If it's a bad highway or road nothing will help.

My DW still wants me to get the stabilizer just in case we have a blowout and I have hear it makes the steering more stiffer and less floating around feel.

Anyone agree?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #48
2011 GEORGETOWN 2011 329

Send a message via Skype™ to bdmartin123
just had the safety plus installed on my 2012 329 georgetown.took it for a test drive and i could really feel the difference.not much wind but so far so good
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmartin123 View Post
just had the safety plus installed on my 2012 329 georgetown.took it for a test drive and i could really feel the difference.not much wind but so far so good
Can you be a little more specific on the feel of the wheel.

Ease of keeping it straight at 60+mph

Does the steering wheel feel more resistance and easier to keep straight at highway speed?

Thanks

Old 06-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #50
2011 GEORGETOWN 2011 329

Send a message via Skype™ to bdmartin123
i had no problem at 60 mph and yes there is more resistance not alot but can tell the difference.i believe it was well the cost. $726.00 thru camping world