Old 06-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #51
Don

My 360 came w stabilizers but was pulling to the r. After 1500 miles on different types of roads, no change. Had a frame alignment shop look at it and the front end was out about an inch on each front tire. It was plowing going down the road. After the alignment, handles like our benze (almost).

Old 06-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011George.360 View Post
My 360 came w stabilizers but was pulling to the r. After 1500 miles on different types of roads, no change. Had a frame alignment shop look at it and the front end was out about an inch on each front tire. It was plowing going down the road. After the alignment, handles like our benze (almost).
What kind of stabilizer?
If you have a picture would be great.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #53

Your speed has a great deal to do with steering. 60 -65 is the best speed, and will give you the best gas milage. Steering is a little loose. But I am told that's normal for a gas rig
Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #54

I just installed the Blue Ox Tru-Center last weekend myself with the help of my son. The install was very easy - wiring was not difficult either. The instructions provided were clear and easy to follow and it only took us a couple of hours.
I noticed the difference as soon as we got on the road for a test drive and I think it makes a significant enough difference to be worth the investment. Being able to adjust the steering center while driving helps too.
I found mine on Amazon for $582 with free shipping. Bracket for your specific rig is extra.
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #55

Anyone that has driven Ford trucks in the past, from pick-ups to commercial type rigs know that the "wandering feeling" you first get in a Ford based RV is just how Fords steer/ride. I had my Ford based Tiffin aligned at 22K miles and it made a world of difference. Many cars and trucks today are delivered brand new with the wheels out of alignment. Had a brand new Ford Escape that killed the tires after 20K because it came from the factory so badly out of alignment. On the MH's, this is definitly a Ford issue only, not Forest River, they get beat up enough for the things they are responsible for.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #56

As I mention earlier I had the wandering feeling myself but my wife slapped me behind the head and straightened me up right away.

Seriously, FR John Armstrong has reinbursed me for my frontend alignment ($250.80) that was done by Ford Commercial truck locally. You need to notify John Armstrong as soon after you purchase your MH and not 6 months later.
And my Georgetown drives like a dream now.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #57

I've got about 7000 mi on our 2011 now and have become much more comfortable with it. In fact, I find it easier to steer with one hand than with my former two handed white knuckle grip. I think I was overcorrecting, making it weave. Once you get the feel of it, you find there is actually very little play in the steering, but the assist makes the steering effort very light and easy to over correct. Crosswinds still require two hands!

Could use a little more boost in the Hydro-max brakes tho!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #58

X2
"a little more boost in the Hydro-max brakes"

Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #59

Smile Alignment and sway bar links

I had my front end aligned recently, and found it was toed out 11/16"! No wonder it was hard to hold straight. What a difference! I have 11,000 miles on my 378, no visible tire wear to indicate it was out of alignment.

At the same time, I asked the tech if he would change the bolts in the links as others have done, and he changed the front ones, suggesting to try it and see if it made any difference before doing the back ones.

I believe it helped the rock and roll. I am going to do the back ones next. BTW, he charged $20.00 for changing them. Quite a bargain, even though they are easy to change. The alignment was $180.00 though, but well worth it.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobill View Post
I've got about 7000 mi on our 2011 now and have become much more comfortable with it. In fact, I find it easier to steer with one hand than with my former two handed white knuckle grip. I think I was overcorrecting, making it weave. Once you get the feel of it, you find there is actually very little play in the steering, but the assist makes the steering effort very light and easy to over correct. Crosswinds still require two hands!

Could use a little more boost in the Hydro-max brakes tho!
Right on the money! And I've said before, an experienced over the road truck driver friend "strongly suggested" that while driving look at least a quarter mile down the road and relax. Do not try to guide off the center line or other road feature. Just like riding a motorcycle, you have a tendancy of going where your looking, automatically. Look straight ahead and that's where you will go, and relax.

I didn't have a problem with a front end alignment when we picked up the coach but did have a problem with tire pressures as recieved from the factory. Had 80 PSI in the left front and 95 PSI in the right front. Set all tires to 90 PSI and had a 100% improvment in handling.

7000 plus miles on the rig and now drive with one hand on the wheel, cruise control set and relaxed, enjoying the view out the great front window.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote