Old 11-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Is there another tow/haul fuse location?

I'm not showing any indication for the tow/haul light on my dash. There's no indicator during ignition startup and it doesn't matter how many times I push the button on the end of my gear selector.

I've tested the 20amp MAXI fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment, and it's good. I'm thinking this may be a little overkill for the fuse just to illuminate the tow/haul indicator on the dash.

Is there another fuse located anywhere else related to this feature?

Thanks

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #2

it's common for the wiring to the buttons to go bad. Very small gauge wire and the movement of the shift lever over time causes it to break

davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
it's common for the wiring to the buttons to go bad. Very small gauge wire and the movement of the shift lever over time causes it to break
Yes it has small wires and the button sounds like it may be bad.
If I'm not mistaken you can pull the shift lever cap off that has the button in it and check it out with a ohm meter.
It also may be the brake pedal tow haul micro switch may be open or closed or just needs adjustment.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #4

Check your ford manual if you have one. My 337 has a chassis fuse box under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I am having the same problem bu have not had the chance to check it out
Old 11-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #5

On my Dodge 1500 the first push disables over drive. To get to tow/haul I need to push the button twice. It does light up on the dash but it is very small and needed to check the owners manual to find out where it was.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #6

Another Ford F53 Georgetown owner could help

This is a Ford tow/haul issue I'm troubleshooting, so I'm asking anyone out there with their Ford F53 chassis to check their dash instrumentation at startup.

When you turn the ignition key to the "ON" position, just before turning the key to "START" the engine, do you see the tow/haul indicator anywhere on the dash light up, and if so where is it?

Thanks

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I'm not showing any indication for the tow/haul light on my dash. There's no indicator during ignition startup and it doesn't matter how many times I push the button on the end of my gear selector.

I've tested the 20amp MAXI fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment, and it's good. I'm thinking this may be a little overkill for the fuse just to illuminate the tow/haul indicator on the dash.

Is there another fuse located anywhere else related to this feature?

Thanks
I believe that fuse (no. 18) controls back up lamps, tow/haul switch and transmission control indicator light. I have read that the routing through the column of the tow/haul wires has been an issue with pinching and subsequent opening of one of the wires in the past. I think your chassis owners manual will show the location of the tow/haul indicator within the instrument cluster display.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #8

While we're on the subject of fuzes, I have a 2011 Georgetown 360 RB. As usual, when we go camping, something will screw up. When we got set up yesterday my CINCHAUS observed that the 12v receptacle on the center console fell apart when she unplugged the gps. We got it back together but it doesn't work, this getting kind of long so does anybody know where the heck the fuzes are?
Old 11-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #9
RJJ

Kenandterry, hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1447255020.463775.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	94096
Here is my 2015 dash, not sure if it's the same on yours. This is with the key on, engine not running.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
RJJ

We got it back together but it doesn't work, this getting kind of long so does anybody know where the heck the fuzes are?

Tetsurvivor,
I hope this helps.
Mine has a fusible link, connected to the wires coming out of the back of the 12v receptacle. Make sure when you got it back together, both wires were attached to the rear of the receptacle. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1447255324.515091.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	94097Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1447255353.045886.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	94098

Tags
cat, fuse, location