Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #1

Jacks or Shock

Hello all....new RV owner and new to the forum. We own a 2015 Georgetown 350 DS and have had it out for 10 nights so far since June. Absolutely enjoy the RV experience!

We have had some minor warranty work and although it took 7 weeks we understand there are a lot of moving parts that are not quickly fixed. We had a noise under the drivers side floor that sounds like a loose jack or maybe even a loose shock. The dealer stated we needed to take to the Ford Dealership as it was a chassis issue. Of course not wanting to miss any weekends I have not taken it so far.

When hitting even a minor "bump" in the road it sounds and feels like something is going to come through my side of the floorboard. Also, quite noisy.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is it a minor fix or do I need to immediately get the MH in the shop?

Thanks all...........The Old Sarge Sends Regards!
OldSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #2

Did the dealer look under the coach and identify the problem? I would say take it to Ford, IMO you will be in and out in a couple of days---unlike FR dealers, they don't like stuff laying around!!
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #3

Why not just crawl under grab the shock with both hands and shake the thing, it should have no movement at all top or bottom. If it is loose just stop at the ford dealer tell them what you found and in 10 minutes noise is gone and nothing else gets ruined.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:06 AM   #4

I had a noise in the driver area. As goofy as it sounds, it was the floorboard cover that made the sound
cbmerton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks