Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #21

There is a "hidden" fuse beneath the stairs of my 374TS....black, left hand top corner....sometimes when the jacks go too far down this will trip....reset and try

George
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #22

Nothing!!!! Ugh...frustrating!! How bad is it to have these wheels off the ground for the evening...I can't get ahold of our tech till the morning!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #23

Ok now I have all five lights on the left hand side blinking!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
Kanadian Kamper

I've seen others with their wheels off the ground over the years, but it's still not suggested.

Try to keep your movement inside the rig to a minimum for the night and contact help in the morning. If you can, put wheel chocks around the back wheels to make sure it doesn't roll.

Good luck.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Heaven View Post
Nothing!!!! Ugh...frustrating!! How bad is it to have these wheels off the ground for the evening...I can't get ahold of our tech till the morning!

Do you have the manual for the levelers?
You may need to manually release the pressure using an allen wrench
Here is the manual as well as the troubleshooting docs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_ALL_maual.pdf (2.68 MB, 106 views)
File Type: pdf Troubleshooting Levelers.pdf (806.5 KB, 110 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #26

I had the same issue as you this morning and talked to the tech. Mine was the rear light on at first and them went to all the lights on the left like yours. The back wheels were off the ground like your front wheels. The tech had me push all 4 angle buttons at he same time which made those 5 lights go out then I tried to retract and it worked but he said it may not work next time. I was on a fairly steep angle and moved to a leveler spot after and it was fine
Ogunfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #27

Yes...I got the left lights to go out but the front light is still on and the jacks still won't retract...did he say what to do if it did'nt work next time?
Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #28

I had exactly the same thing happen to me last winter. Spent an entire day going back and forth with my dealer technician and tried all the same things you've already tried. Finally ended up talking to a Lippert Technician. He quickly identified it as a tripped breaker. On my rig, it's located near the hydraulic pump. Found it, reset it and it worked. I would bet that's what you need to do.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #29

I also don't think it has a thing to do with your wheels being off the ground.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #30

Thank you all SO much!!! I will definitely look for that fuse in the morning...to dark out now to be messing with hydraulics!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #31
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
We have a 2015 Georgetown 351ds...we are out for the first time and our levels put our front wheels up off the ground and now we can't get them to retract...can anyone help us please!!?
If you take your emergency brake off with the engine running, the jacks should retract immediately as a safety feature. I won't embarass myself by telling you how I know that. If they don't retract and your slides work (meaning the pump motor and fuse are good) then it more than likely is a faulty control panel unit. I would google the manual for it and do a system reset. Otherwise it may be time for a new panel.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Thank you all SO much!!! I will definitely look for that fuse in the morning...to dark out now to be messing with hydraulics!

My breaker is just a little lever that pops out. Doesn't look like a normal breaker. Call Lippert 866-524-7821. Have your RV VIN #. They'll help you find the breaker if you can't.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
If you take your emergency brake off with the engine running, the jacks should retract immediately as a safety feature. I won't embarass myself by telling you how I know that. If they don't retract and your slides work (meaning the pump motor and fuse are good) then it more than likely is a faulty control panel unit. I would google the manual for it and do a system reset. Otherwise it may be time for a new panel.

When this happened to me, my slides worked fine. Jacks wouldn't retract. Breaker was tripped. I tried the "take emergency break off". Didn't work.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
When this happened to me, my slides worked fine. Jacks wouldn't retract. Breaker was tripped. I tried the "take emergency break off". Didn't work.
Mine did exact same thing yesterday. Breaker near coach battery's was the culprit.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Mine did exact same thing yesterday. Breaker near coach battery's was the culprit.

Yup. The key is to find that breaker. Mine was near coach batteries as well, which were near the pump. May vary on other models. It's happened to me twice. Don't know why, but at least I know where it's at. Also have all my Lippert manuals saved to my iPad if other problems develop.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #36

I had a similar problem last week when cold weather caught us. The jacks retracted very slowly, and then failed to operate at all. In addition to what has been mentioned by others here, I found two blown fuses in the metal box under the steps near the batteries. There are about 10 automotive blade style fuses inside this box, and none of them are labeled as to their function.

After topping up the hydraulic fluid (Dexron/Mercon automatic transmission fluid), resetting the black circuit breaker on the chassis frame near the pump, and replacing a blown 5 amp and 15 amp fuse in the box near the batteries, all was well again.

Two questions for the group:

1. Does anyone have a list showing the circuits protected by the fuses in the box near the batteries?

2. Does anyone know the location of the Lippert leveling control module? Lippert says it should be attached to a basement compartment ceiling, but I have not found it. There is a blocked pass through area for slide out power cables and LP hose, that's about the only place left that I can think of. Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	175226-New Brain-LARGE.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	53143
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Yup. The key is to find that breaker. Mine was near coach batteries as well, which were near the pump. May vary on other models. It's happened to me twice. Don't know why, but at least I know where it's at. Also have all my Lippert manuals saved to my iPad if other problems develop.
Which one are you talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	53151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	3454
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	53152  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
I had a similar problem last week when cold weather caught us. The jacks retracted very slowly, and then failed to operate at all. In addition to what has been mentioned by others here, I found two blown fuses in the metal box under the steps near the batteries. There are about 10 automotive blade style fuses inside this box, and none of them are labeled as to their function.

After topping up the hydraulic fluid (Dexron/Mercon automatic transmission fluid), resetting the black circuit breaker on the chassis frame near the pump, and replacing a blown 5 amp and 15 amp fuse in the box near the batteries, all was well again.

Two questions for the group:

1. Does anyone have a list showing the circuits protected by the fuses in the box near the batteries?

2. Does anyone know the location of the Lippert leveling control module? Lippert says it should be attached to a basement compartment ceiling, but I have not found it. There is a blocked pass through area for slide out power cables and LP hose, that's about the only place left that I can think of. Thanks.Attachment 53143

Here is a wiring diagram of the battery control center.
My LCI Leveller controller is located very close to the button controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery_Control_Schematic.jpg
Views:	1035
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	53153  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #39

Woke up this morning and found the breaker box and our jacks have finally retracted!!! Thank you all for your help..I cannot even express to you how much that was a comfort to have so many people to respond to my problem!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400937709.157104.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	565.8 KB
ID:	53155
Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Which one are you talking about?

Third photo looks like mine iggy.

Tags
jacks