Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Wildland Firefighter

Unhappy Jensen pop up screen

On our 09 GT 357QS, The Jensen radio with the pop up screen for the rear and side cameras won't come out. I never heard anything crack or break. Stopped working half way thru our last 3 day trip a few months ago. Got in the other day to prep it for a trip in a couple weeks and played around with it for a minute and it came out and went back in. Never to happen again. I called Jensen and they don't have any parts for it, Won't work on it, and their replacement for it is bigger so it won't fit the exsisting hole and you have to cut and adapt your wires to it. Soooo... my question is has anyone replaced this thing with something else that still uses all the cameras? And what did you get? Thanks for any input. Also, my Lippert steps broke.. Same story there.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #2

Post a picture of the radio. Maybe someone can give you an idea. For your steps, recommend ordering the Kwikees if they cannot be repaired.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #3

I believe that I have that radio in my Berkshire. Jensen vr-187. I had the same issue a couple of times. Try the reset button. It's the tiny little button that you need to push with a ball point pen or paper clip end. That did the trick for me.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
Wildland Firefighter

Jensen pop up screen

Hey... Thank you alparmer.. I'll be diddling with it again in a few days and will do the picture. Great idea. I usually think like that too but frustration got the best of me this time. And thank you Danielj.. I didn't even know about the reset button at all. Now all I have to do is go hunt down a paperclip. Easy-peezie. I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #5

When my screen refused to deploy, I called Jensen and was given the same story. The tech person said try the reset - if that didn't work the only remedy was to replace the unit with the new version. I was glad that the reset worked!

Tags
pop up