Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
michcamper

I agree, mostly. My whole family followed the PDI. I have all the manuals and that is my first point of reference. My second point is my son, third is a dealer. I have not gotten a satisfactory solution from any of my usual sources and my son is stumped also. If posting questions and problems on this forum is a problem for some, you can ignore my entries. For those who have been patient and helpful, Thanks.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryan421
I agree, mostly. My whole family followed the PDI. I have all the manuals and that is my first point of reference. My second point is my son, third is a dealer. I have not gotten a satisfactory solution from any of my usual sources and my son is stumped also. If posting questions and problems on this forum is a problem for some, you can ignore my entries. For those who have been patient and helpful, Thanks.
Most everyone here will bend over backwards to help.
Even those who post the same questions that have been answered a 100 times before will get help.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #23

sryan, you admitted that you didn't want to spend the money to get a mechanic to figure out your brake problem, so you came here for a free solution. But trying to analyse electrical problems is hard enough when you are sitting down with it right in your lap, let alone on the internet. The best you will get is a bunch of guesses.
Apologies if some of us get a bit tired of trying to answer such problems, but as turbo said, most will indeed spend a lot of their time trying to help.
Just an observation.
(hope you got your brakes figured out)
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #24
Site Team

Some valid points have been made but remember that not everyone is starting with the same level knowledge or experience as others. I have come a long way since day one but I still have a long journey ahead of me.

My PDI was long, detailed and tailored to my inexperienced level but it was still a lot of information to learn. Being comfortable to ask basic questions on RV sites have been the key to getting answers to become indpendent.

I can relate to how frustrating it can be when someone pops in and just want the answer. I deal with a co-worker that just wants me to do her task instead of learning how to do it herself. I get it where you are coming from but some comments can come off a bit rough to some of us less experienced members.

Just a view from the other side of the coin...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #25

Terier, I don't think anyone has a problem trying to help with those mysterious problems that should have been covered by the PDI, like 'where the heck is the manual over-ride for my slide' kind of questions.
I can relate to those, as I had to show my PDI guy where it was!

And I suppose even problems like sryan had may bring out a response that may help someone, even if it doesn't solve the specific issue.

Who could have imagined that there are so many things to go wrong with something that is supposed to provide pleasure!

A cyber beer for all!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG
Terier, I don't think anyone has a problem trying to help with those mysterious problems that should have been covered by the PDI, like 'where the heck is the manual over-ride for my slide' kind of questions.

And I suppose even problems like sryan had may bring out a response that may help someone, even if it doesn't solve the specific issue.

Who could have imagined that there are so many things to go wrong with something that is supposed to provide pleasure!

A cyber beer for all!
Don is that a coors light cyber beer?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG View Post

A cyber beer for all!
I'll take you up on the cyber beer and I don't even drink.
Sorry - I guess the comment that some people shouldn't own an RV hit closer to home based on comments I got from people when I brought my RV.

A thumbs up for being referred to the manual, search options, Q & A, and whatever else is available. The more resources the better!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #28

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I did what some of you have done and made a file for the manuals I received from Forest River. After that I searched the web for more information. Things like the information on levelling jacks. The person that did our walk through did not know how to put the jacks down and could not take the cover off the generator. It was very plan that he did not have the experience to do what he had been asked to do. I thought because I had been a RVer with a fifth wheel I would be able with the help of the manuals to sort things out. But there are a lot of things different with a coach. And for many things there were no instructions with the unit. Thank goodness for the web and the people on this site. If Forest River gave us a list of web address's for every supplier of major components that go into each unit it would help a lot of us.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #29

Well if there are others like me who bought used from another person who did not have any operating manuals or have the benefit of a pdi. Searching and asking the same questions is all we can do.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #30

When we bought our Palomino Pop UP P2100 in Jan. of 2010 it came from some manuals, sort explained on how things operated. We got a good class on it before we left the dealer's. We traded it this January for our Puma 25RS. I gave the dealer a folder with everything from the POP, even a generic DVD on setup. With our Puma I got a good class on how things operate, still forgot a few things when I got home. I have a binder with all the paperwork that came with it and one with some manuals that I had copied. I have downloaded the appliance manuals, axles and whatever else onto this laptop in a file. Easy to access when we are out camping. I have a binder for each of our automobiles, keep all the pertinent stuff in it. I also go online to log all the maintenace that is done on one auto. I can sit in the dealer's waiting area and access it if needed. Some good old military training on keeping a logbook.

Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote