Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #1

Just bought a 2015 Georgetown 337ts

Have our walk thru next week on a 2015 Georgetown xl 377ts, any input for things to watch for on this model would be appreciated. We have had 5th wheels for many years, but new to class A. Thanks
revflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:06 AM   #2

Congrats, we just bought the same coach last month. Not one single problem found during the PDI. We are taking our first trip this Friday so will be our first real test on the road. So far we are very happy. We also traded from a fifth wheel. I did change the oil even though the unit only had 300 miles on it since it sat on the dealers lot for over six months. I guess I could have ask the dealer to do it but I wanted to do it to give me a chance to look over the engine real good. Easy oil change. Good luck and hope you enjoy your new coach.

PS, we bought some throw rugs and runners because the ceramic tile floor gets really cold. I wish it had floor heat under the tile. Make sure they give you some small bottles of touch up paint and you should also get some extra tiles just in case one breaks. They should give you a small stack of them.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #3

Thank you, Good luck with your new Rig. Richard
Old 01-27-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good catch on the tile replacements. When looking for our GT (we have a 364 and not an XL), I often wondered why they don't use a hard wood laminate in place of tile. Wouldn't be able to use underfloor heating, but would be better insulated so the need may not be there. Durability may be an issue, but the tile floors are prone to cracking and popping loose. Wouldn't think weight would be an issue, but maybe. We also recently moved from a 5er to a class A for the first time and while a lot of the mechanics of the coach are the same, make sure you get a good understanding of the leveling system, res. fridge (if not previously owned), entertainment system, and generator. My wife videoed the walk thru as the guy was explaining certain differences from our 5er. Open cabinets, poke your head in, look for access panels, and ask questions, regardless of how silly they may seem. Then enjoy!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #5

Congrats on your 2015 Georgetown.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #6

Congrats. I have a 337XL and love it. It is a 2012 model I bought new with 24k miles. It has never been in a shop. Expect to tighten up things, adjust things, etc. Check the oil in the generator before running it, mine did not have oil in it from the factory.
Good luck, I hope you like it as much as we do ours.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #7

Congratulations on you new coach. Safe travels.
RLHAMILTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #8

Congratulations! We have a 2014 and are enjoying it. We've only had a few minor issues so far. Search through the Georgetown forum and you will find a lot of useful information and learn of some things to watch for. Front end alignment has been an issue with premature tire wear and handling issues on some coaches. The water filter canisters have had problems, including blow outs that flood the compartment. Ours did and we replaced it with an exterior dual canister system. It was easy. Some have had upholstery wear problems, but maybe they've improved that. There are others. Have fun and travel safe!
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #9

Is yours a 337 or 377. Your thread title says 337 but the thread says 377. Either way nice coach.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew48 View Post
Is yours a 337 or 377. Your thread title says 337 but the thread says 377. Either way nice coach.
Oops! Missed that. Nice catch.
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #11

Congrats & welcome to "the club".
Can't speak to your particular coach and since you've already owned a 5'er, you prolly know about much stuff already. Would suggest on your PDI you get to see and check the levelers in action and insure no leaks in lines...also have them show you where the breaker for them is located and how to set.
Bring a DVD and test it on the TV's to insure all the hookup wires are done right.
I assume you will have the 110V fridge so probably will have FOUR 6V deep cycle batteries... you might want to check those to insure they are new and charged and in good shape. Make sure they are not Dual Purpose 12V batts.
There's several good examples of PDI checklists here on the forum if you want to be thorough and I enclose the one I used as a supplement for my own lack of experience some of which was inspired by noting the problems other G'town owners reported here! Good luck with it all.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Inspection.doc (20.5 KB, 78 views)
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #12

Congratulations. I hope you are as happy with yours as we are with the new 378 TS XL We bought last July. We have had only minor problems and love the coach. We moved up from a 2004 Class C. Check Lowes they have nice runners and area rugs that work well. We have had no problems with the tile at all. That was one of the reasons we bought the unit.
Wesley1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:24 PM   #13

Thanks everyone, It is a xl 377ts. Fingers faster then eyes.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #14

A year ago, we bought a 2015 GT 364TS with the same F53 chassis as yours. Before PDI, we arrived two hours early and asked that we just be given time to look over the vehicle on our own before the PDI. We told them we'd let them know when we were done and ready for the formal PDI. That gave us time to look it over closely at our pace. (Finding something on the spot gives you the leverage to insist it be fixed before driving it off the lot.) We also filmed the PDI, which didn't seem to bother the dealer. The guy doing it seemed like he just wanted to get it over with. So who conducts it with you can be important. Welcome to a new adventure!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #15

Congratulations on your purchase. We own a 2013 377TS. If your 2015 model comes with a dinette that is supposed to turn into a bed, be sure to check it to make sure the cushions fit. On ours, the back cushions of the dinette would not cover the entire dinette table when pushed down to make a bed. As it turned out a middle cushion was missing, and looking on this forum I discovered a whole lot of other people had the same issue. In my case FR paid for a new cushion to be made so all ended up well.
vakeel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown