Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
chrisbailey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Thanks for your advice. My original thought was very well in line with you, especially adding more battery and inverter so I could have 110 power without using the generator.

The question that I have for you is: Do you ADD additional 110volts plugs for the inverter or you use transfer switch to deliver 110 power to all of the existing plugs?

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
I used a transfer switch and the existing outlets. It was a little more effort up front, but pays off in the long run because now I can plug into any outlet in the coach. My setup is very similar to what Forest River does for coaches that have Residential Refrigerators except it is extended to all the outlets not just the fridge. If you look at the posting link it shows the Transfer switch and how it is connected inline with the primary 110v wire.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013-2017 Days Camped-170
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
camaraderie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,484
Welcome to the club! Love ours!!
Dowload PDI checklists from here if you haven't already. Take your time and hit everything. MSHRV gets good reviews and has great prices so you should be treated well. We "filmed" our whole PDI and it really helps because there are just so many things to remember. Good luck!
__________________

__________________
________
Cam
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 62
Don't forget to get on the roof! Ours was filthy and the dealer didn't lke cleaning it.


2014 378 xl
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
__________________
jeffv003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasudave View Post
Do your PDI before you sign any paperwork. If you think you are being flim flamed or manipulated in any way, you probably are! I made the mistake of signing first and I found out that they were just then prepping it after having 4 weeks to complete the prep. On top of that the prep was in no way worth the 800 bucks they charged. I have a few problems the first week and they all turned out to be mis-information during the PDI. It was not this dealer though so hopefully you will have a better experience.
I would love to do what your recommendation, however, I am not sure how would you go about PDI before sign any paper. Dealer don't want you to spend their time walk through without your commitment. MHSRV already told us that we have to get all paperwork done before they would allow their tech to work with us on PDI.

Any suggestion?
__________________
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Welcome to the club! Love ours!!
Dowload PDI checklists from here if you haven't already. Take your time and hit everything. MSHRV gets good reviews and has great prices so you should be treated well. We "filmed" our whole PDI and it really helps because there are just so many things to remember. Good luck!
Thank, that what I am intent to do... my GoPro will be with me at all time.

TL
__________________
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbailey13 View Post
I used a transfer switch and the existing outlets. It was a little more effort up front, but pays off in the long run because now I can plug into any outlet in the coach. My setup is very similar to what Forest River does for coaches that have Residential Refrigerators except it is extended to all the outlets not just the fridge. If you look at the posting link it shows the Transfer switch and how it is connected inline with the primary 110v wire.
I looked at the link that you send me, that is a great set up. If I understood it correctly, the "Xantrex Inline Transfer Relay" served as the automatic transfer switch, if there is no external power such as shore power or generator power, the Xantrex Inline Transfer Relay will allow the "house 110 circuit" tol pick up the power from the inverter, at any point the external power from such as shore power or generator power kick on, the Xantrex Inline Transfer Relay will automatically switch to the external power and run the house circuit, we do not have to do anything to control the switching, am I right?

Let me know if I was wrong.

Also, does the microwave circuit is separated from this 15A circuit for the house light, or together in the same circuit?


Thanks again Chris.
__________________
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
chrisbailey13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
I looked at the link that you send me, that is a great set up. If I understood it correctly, the "Xantrex Inline Transfer Relay" served as the automatic transfer switch, if there is no external power such as shore power or generator power, the Xantrex Inline Transfer Relay will allow the "house 110 circuit" tol pick up the power from the inverter, at any point the external power from such as shore power or generator power kick on, the Xantrex Inline Transfer Relay will automatically switch to the external power and run the house circuit, we do not have to do anything to control the switching, am I right?

Let me know if I was wrong.

Also, does the microwave circuit is separated from this 15A circuit for the house light, or together in the same circuit?


Thanks again Chris.
You are correct. you don't have to do anything else to control the switching once you turn the Inverter on.

The Microwave is on a circuit of its own separate from the ones controlled by the inverter. My thinking is that the Microwave would be a huge suck on the batteries, so you would need the GENSET to recharge the batteries anyway...so just run the GENSET to heat something up.
__________________
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013-2017 Days Camped-170
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbailey13 View Post
You are correct. you don't have to do anything else to control the switching once you turn the Inverter on.

The Microwave is on a circuit of its own separate from the ones controlled by the inverter. My thinking is that the Microwave would be a huge suck on the batteries, so you would need the GENSET to recharge the batteries anyway...so just run the GENSET to heat something up.
You just don't know how much I am really appreciated for your sharing. I was looking for a way to deal with the 110 volts without using the gen set and not aware of the Xantrex product. Many thanks again.

Having that said, I was planning some months down the road, to hook up 4 to 6 solar panels then replace the current batteries bank with two or more of the extra high capacity batteries, then have the coach power runoff a 2000 Watts inverter, not for just the lights, but also for other appliances and security system. With that, I could have plenty of power to boondocking for some extended time in nature. That is the main reason why we get this RV.
__________________

__________________
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
georgetown

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.