Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcts43 View Post
I believe that most of the time, the Dealer who you purchased the MH from, did not do a good check on the MH upon arrival. I had a local Dealer tell me, they spend 6 to 8 hours going over the MH, before they call you to pick it up.
That would make sense to me. Our coach got delivered to the dealer on a Tuesday, but we could not pick it up till Thursday. Maybe they did a good job of looking it over before we got there. I know that at the time we went to do the our PDI, every system that could be up and running was up and running. Water pump, water heater, refer, stereo, a/c was on. I did our own PDI and exercised everthing, crawled up on the roof, crawled under the coach, anything I could think of to look at. I did tell the dealership manager that to have a technition standing by because it would take me 3 hours to do a complete PDI. Perhaps that prodded the dealership to go through the rig completely before I got there. Don't know. They probably looked at me like I was a pain in the butt, but when you spend that much money on a rig, take your time looking it over when you pick it up. All told,we spent about 6 hours at the dealership. Time well spent!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #22

jcts43, you are absolutely correct. Almost everything we found wrong would have been corrected had a thorough check made of all systems before we picked it up. They kept it three days as it was changing over the satellite dish from our trade-in. Maybe because we were anxious to get it they didn't do as good a job as they should have. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as long as we get it back with everything working.

Happy Trails
fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #23

Hey Barney, I think I saw you going the other way on Hiway 247 between Yucca Valley and Apple Valley the other day!! Anyway, it looked just like your coach, and you looked good in it!! LOL.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Hey Barney, I think I saw you going the other way on Hiway 247 between Yucca Valley and Apple Valley the other day!! Anyway, it looked just like your coach, and you looked good in it!! LOL.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Wow thats cool, I dont reckon it was me though as I don't know where that is exactly...Is Apple Valley up near Placerville? The last time away from Napa was bringing ours home from the Grass Valley dealer pulling the newly attached toad a little over a week ago. Hey I hope all of your issues have been addressed..geez. We had a few issues but they were taken care of, for the most part.

Good luck and many happy adventures to you,
Barney
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #25

Well, after looking since Oct of last year, and trying to decide which MH we wanted we ordered a 2011 378TS. It has the Espressso exterior color with the new Khaki interior. They upgraded the fuel tanks from 75 gals to 80. The 40 in TV is standard in the 378. Order time is around 6 weeks. I will update some more information on the good Dealer, bad Dealer thread.
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #26

Red face a few things to look for

I guess I've had more RVs than most and bought a 2011 late last year...the body & interior are quite good...the coach lacks electrical outlets so get some extension cords...overall, it's a lot of bang for the buck...the biggest problem I've had was with the hydraulic pump below the entrance doors...mine leaked & required repairs twice...FR didn't incorporate the best system.
Good luck & GOD bless!!!
levendoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlin44 View Post
Wow thats cool, I dont reckon it was me though as I don't know where that is exactly...Is Apple Valley up near Placerville? The last time away from Napa was bringing ours home from the Grass Valley dealer pulling the newly attached toad a little over a week ago. Hey I hope all of your issues have been addressed..geez. We had a few issues but they were taken care of, for the most part.

Good luck and many happy adventures to you,
Barney
Barney, Apple Valley is in So Cal, just off the I-15 freeway near Victorville. About 45 miles northeast of San Bernardino in the High Desert. Talked to the dealer yesterday, they still have our motorhome, and they say everything is fixed except the hydraulic pump which is on order. Hope to get it back next week.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #28

Just got our 378TS back from the dealer, after three weeks for the repairs after the shakedown cruise. They got everything fixed except the hydraulic pump, which has been on order for two weeks, and they still don't have a specific arrival date. We are going to go ahead and use it the way it is until they get it in. It's terrible having a new motorhome you can't use!! Heading for Death Valley in the next few days.
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 03-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #29
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Just got our 378TS back from the dealer, after three weeks for the repairs after the shakedown cruise. They got everything fixed except the hydraulic pump, which has been on order for two weeks, and they still don't have a specific arrival date. We are going to go ahead and use it the way it is until they get it in. It's terrible having a new motorhome you can't use!! Heading for Death Valley in the next few days.
I know the feeling of waiting for something from the manufacturers. It's ridiculous that it takes so long. They aren't slowing down production of new units and Lippert isn't building these pumps just when a new unit is ordered. It should take a few days at most. However, one issue is and I'm not saying this is what is happening in your case but some dealers wait on ordering parts until they need a couple things so they save money on the combined shipping and order processing. When I took my unit back for warranty work the dealership had it for 10 weeks and didn't order the replacement radio and a few other things for the first 7 weeks they had it. I contacted FR and blasted them and found out the order was place at the end of February. I dropped my unit off ti them on January 10th. I felt like an idiot but the dealer had told us they were waiting on parts. Enjoy your trip, Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown