Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #1

Just ordered 2011 378 ts

GIVING THE FOREST RIVER LINE A TRY, JUST ORDERED A 2011 GEORGETOWN 378 TS. THIS IS MY 6TH CLASS A RANGING FROM SOUTHWINDS TO PACE ARROWS TO MY CURRENT 36' ITASCA. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE INTERIOR DESIGN AND FULL BODY PAINT. IT'S BEING BUILT 01/13/2011, ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO IN THE PAINT SHOP, THEN ON IT'S WAY TO CALIFORNIA.

LOTS OF GOOD COMMENTS IN THE FORUM, LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE OF THEM.

FORREST & DONNA
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Site Team

welcome to the forum! hope you can find useful info here. lots of helpful people.

by the way, using caps in a forum, is considered "shouting".
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
GIVING THE FOREST RIVER LINE A TRY, JUST ORDERED A 2011 GEORGETOWN 378 TS. THIS IS MY 6TH CLASS A RANGING FROM SOUTHWINDS TO PACE ARROWS TO MY CURRENT 36' ITASCA. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE INTERIOR DESIGN AND FULL BODY PAINT. IT'S BEING BUILT 01/13/2011, ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO IN THE PAINT SHOP, THEN ON IT'S WAY TO CALIFORNIA.

LOTS OF GOOD COMMENTS IN THE FORUM, LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE OF THEM.

FORREST & DONNA
I think your unit is being built right behind ours! Our 378TS should roll off the line on Jan 13th, then paint for a couple of weeks. What color did you get, we got the new FireMist.

Lostdog

(Chuck n Terri)
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #4

fbconsults,
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new coach. Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips with it.

ENJOY!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
I think your unit is being built right behind ours! Our 378TS should roll off the line on Jan 13th, then paint for a couple of weeks. What color did you get, we got the new FireMist.

Lostdog

(Chuck n Terri)
We got the Espresso with the Thunder Interior.

fbconsults
Forrest and Donna
Old 12-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
welcome to the forum! hope you can find useful info here. lots of helpful people.

by the way, using caps in a forum, is considered "shouting".
I hope this is better for you, and not so loud.
fbconsults
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #7

just joined, first time post.
i was on a forum about the 2010 378 forest river, i lost it and can not get back.
could someone please help.
thanks john
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #8

John, you lost your 2010 378 GT?????
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyGeorgetown330TS View Post
John, you lost your 2010 378 GT?????
He might have meant that the forum he was on is no longer there.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #10

2010 378

that was the case. it was a forum i was on. i guess that comes from being a newbie.
thanks john
Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #11

Congrats on the new purchase. The Georgetown 378 is becoming to be very popular.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
Happy Homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to guizzi
Got mine on december 30 2010 went for vacation in Texas,
Got much problem first the hydrolic pump went ,second the wiper motor went, and after that the onan gen would not start,went in Elkart indiana on the way back to Montreal,service is excetional,Mike Burns, director of waranty is verry frendly and so is mr Black at service i was a bit Pist because it was new but i guess like everyting esle it mecanical,hope we wont have any more problems cause in april we will be living in that Georgetown 378ts since we just sold the house and going FULLTIMING

any one else had problems like that

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #13

Hi Forest,
We own a 2010 378TS which is currently getting a hitch installed to pull our Chevy HHR. Ours is on a workhorse chassis and our dealer had the brake recall performed for us. We did have the carpets and linoleum pulled and had pergo type floors installed due to travelling with seven dogs..YIKES. A couple warranty issues but we are extremely happy with our MH.

Good Luck, and happy adventures,
Barney
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3538[1].jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	4519  
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #14

Shakedown Cruise

Just spent the last week in San Diego, drove about 350 miles. I really like the way the Ford Chassis handles and performs. I don't think I want to get into all the things we found wrong. I don't think any QC was done on this coach at all. From the hydraulic pump leaking to warm water only, we have at least a dozen items that don't work or don't work correctly.

Going to drop it off at the dealer this week, and hope they don't have it for month. And they fix everything wrong. Does anyone find their couch uncomfortable? it seems the seat tips forward, and the sitter has a tendency to slip forward. And the mattress is atrocious! Hope that a 4" memory foam mattress topper helps.

As my wife said, it is beautiful to look at, but no one seems to be paying attention to quality.

As negative as this sounds, I am confident the dealer will fix everything. Even with the things that were wrong, we did enjoy the coach. When everything is fixed, I am certain we will be satisfied.

Will keep you posted.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Just spent the last week in San Diego, drove about 350 miles. I really like the way the Ford Chassis handles and performs. I don't think I want to get into all the things we found wrong. I don't think any QC was done on this coach at all. From the hydraulic pump leaking to warm water only, we have at least a dozen items that don't work or don't work correctly.

Going to drop it off at the dealer this week, and hope they don't have it for month. And they fix everything wrong. Does anyone find their couch uncomfortable? it seems the seat tips forward, and the sitter has a tendency to slip forward. And the mattress is atrocious! Hope that a 4" memory foam mattress topper helps.

As my wife said, it is beautiful to look at, but no one seems to be paying attention to quality.

As negative as this sounds, I am confident the dealer will fix everything. Even with the things that were wrong, we did enjoy the coach. When everything is fixed, I am certain we will be satisfied.

Will keep you posted.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
We head out this weekend for 3 days. This is our first trip living in the unit. The only driving that I've done was to take it to a camping world about 40 miles away to have the HD sat dish installed. This weekend is where I will be exercising all the systems. Wish us luck!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlin44 View Post
Hi Forest,
We own a 2010 378TS which is currently getting a hitch installed to pull our Chevy HHR. Ours is on a workhorse chassis and our dealer had the brake recall performed for us. We did have the carpets and linoleum pulled and had pergo type floors installed due to travelling with seven dogs..YIKES. A couple warranty issues but we are extremely happy with our MH.

Good Luck, and happy adventures,
Barney
Very nice looking unit Barney. Enjoy it and hopefully all your warranty issues are behind you.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #17

Quote:

Will keep you posted.

Happy Trails, fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Completed our first weekend trip yesterday. Had the chance to exercise all the systems and had ZERO problems. Everything worked as advertised. Ran the refridgerator on gas and electric, ran the water heater on gas and electric, slides worked smoothly with no drips of fluid, water pump maintained pressure and all dump valves worked perfect! Ran both a/c units, both a/c unit's heat strips and both furnaces. Evan ran the fireplace heat. DW even roasted a pork roast in the convection/microwave and it was super! No leaks of any kind anywhere. No problems anywhere. I wonder how there could be such a difference in the two coaches.

And...we got many compliments on the coach's paint job.

We are very happy.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Completed our first weekend trip yesterday. Had the chance to exercise all the systems and had ZERO problems. Everything worked as advertised. Ran the refridgerator on gas and electric, ran the water heater on gas and electric, slides worked smoothly with no drips of fluid, water pump maintained pressure and all dump valves worked perfect! Ran both a/c units, both a/c unit's heat strips and both furnaces. Evan ran the fireplace heat. DW even roasted a pork roast in the convection/microwave and it was super! No leaks of any kind anywhere. No problems anywhere. I wonder how there could be such a difference in the two coaches.

And...we got many compliments on the coach's paint job.

We are very happy.
Congrats on the new coach. May it bring you nothing but happiness. Sounds like you have everything working great and that's fantastic to hear.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #19

Hey Lostdog, glad to hear you had a great trip, and that everything is working ok. How could two coaches built one after the other be so different? I don't know. The dealer says ours is 85% fixed, the hydraulic pump is on order and is 5-10 days out. Oh well, we waited two months to get it, so what is another 3 or 4 weeks? We are going to Death Valley when we get it back.

Happy Trails
fbconsults
(Forrest and Donna)
Old 02-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #20

I believe that most of the time, the Dealer who you purchased the MH from, did not do a good check on the MH upon arrival. I had a local Dealer tell me, they spend 6 to 8 hours going over the MH, before they call you to pick it up.

Tags
georgetown