Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #1

Just took delivery of my 2015 350 XL. Couple questions if I could.

Hello all

I've never used a forum before so this should be interesting.

Just picked up our new Georgetown 2015 350 XL. She's a nice looking coach!!

I missed a bunch of steps I should have done according to the most helpful people on this forum. Should have read some of the articles before we went to pick up our new coach.

So with that said my awing and outside lights don't come on. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this issue. Also I upgraded from the manufacture to the navigation and satellite radio unit. My issue is that I have no satellite radio or even the preview channels to activate the service. Im wondering if the antenna maybe was forgot to be installed?

Also I've got a whistle coming from the drivers side at about 55 to 60 mph. This only started after I tested the levelling Jacks for the first time.

Sorry another question. I know dam newbies!! The full-size fridge? does it also run off of propane? or only just power?

Thanks again for all your time

Name:   2015 350 XL.jpeg
Views: 364
Size:  31.9 KB
tetonpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #2

Congrats on your new Georgetown 2015 350 XL, nice looking rig.
Welcome to the forum from Bainbridge, Ohio.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:29 AM   #3
Incheon, S. Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonpizza View Post
Hello all

I missed a bunch of steps I should have done according to the most helpful people on this forum. Should have read some of the articles before we went to pick up our new coach.

You're not alone, trust me!

So with that said my awing and outside lights don't come on. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this issue.

Check fuses first. Second, check the bulbs. Third, there may be a switch that cuts the power to the outside lights. There was on the Class C I drove.

Also I upgraded from the manufacture to the navigation and satellite radio unit. My issue is that I have no satellite radio or even the preview channels to activate the service. Im wondering if the antenna maybe was forgot to be installed?

Guess who gets to climb up to the roof?

Also I've got a whistle coming from the drivers side at about 55 to 60 mph. This only started after I tested the levelling Jacks for the first time.

Have someone listen around the windows while you are driving to find the exact spot. I'll bet it's weatherstripping-related.

Sorry another question. I know dam newbies!! The full-size fridge? does it also run off of propane? or only just power?

Full size? Probably power only. What is the brand name? Suburban/Dometic/etc. usually are two-way.
Did you call your dealer? Do you have an owner's manual?

Have fun figuring out your new toy! And remember, when all else fails, read the instructions. ( It takes all the adventure out of things, but is more expedient )
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonpizza View Post
Hello all

So with that said my awing and outside lights don't come on. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this issue. Also I upgraded from the manufacture to the navigation and satellite radio unit. My issue is that I have no satellite radio or even the preview channels to activate the service. Im wondering if the antenna maybe was forgot to be installed?

Thanks again for all your time

Attachment 55178
Are your outside lights LED?

If you upgraded to Nav/Sat, they should have installed the antenna on the roof. Climb up to see if they did installed it.

Not sure about the whistle. No matter what you do at the dealer when you pick it up, you will always have things go wrong later on. That's why it's better to use the coach in your parking spot or take short trips before taking a big one.

Your full residential fridge only runs off of 110v. When you are plugged in to shore power it gets it from there. When you are on the road, you can turn on the inverter, and the batteries keep it running. You could also run the generator.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #5

my rig came with the satellite radio upgrade. no antennae on the roof. the dealer told me it was just "satellite radio ready", so i figured i needed to buy the antennae. i took the dash panel out that holds the radio and other switches/inputs off and low and behold the antennae unit was back there, just not plugged in. i plugged it in and ran the wire with the puck out onto the dash and called sirius and got it set up. now i have to get the antennae up to the roof somehow for better service. so look back there i bet you have it like me and it's just not connected or the antennae needs to be run out to find the satellite. also check your connections, several of mine were loose or not connected.

there is a switch just inside the door to the left to turn on the LED awning lights. mine lights up a blueish green when it is on; it is right near the switch to keep the steps out when the door is closed. also right there is the switch to extend and contract the awning. for you both switches are dead/not working ?

i have the residential fridge...it does not run off propane. shore power only or when not plugged in a dedicated inverter that runs off the battery bank. the inverter on/off switch is also located right to the left on the panel as you walk up the steps to the coach. a green light tells you the inverter is on. there is also a reset switch enclosed in a compartment right over the propane tank if the fridge does not stay on when the inverter is on and you are unplugged from shore power.

the whistle is prolly air catching the rubber gasket around the outside of the windshield....prolly not alot can be done about that. open the drivers side window to see if you can hear exactly where it is coming from as you go down the road...

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #6

When you get a new coach, you will find a lot of small items that need fixing and tweaking. Be patient, keep looking and make a list for your dealer to take care of under warranty.

Lots of these guys on the forum are pretty DIY savvy and don't hesitate tearing something apart to fix it or just to see how it works but, I would give the dealer the first shot at fixing the stuff you paid for.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by willingtonpaul View Post
my rig came with the satellite radio upgrade. no antennae on the roof. the dealer told me it was just "satellite radio ready", so i figured i needed to buy the antennae. i took the dash panel out that holds the radio and other switches/inputs off and low and behold the antennae unit was back there, just not plugged in. i plugged it in and ran the wire with the puck out onto the dash and called sirius and got it set up. now i have to get the antennae up to the roof somehow for better service. so look back there i bet you have it like me and it's just not connected or the antennae needs to be run out to find the satellite. also check your connections, several of mine were loose or not connected.

there is a switch just inside the door to the left to turn on the LED awning lights. mine lights up a blueish green when it is on; it is right near the switch to keep the steps out when the door is closed. also right there is the switch to extend and contract the awning. for you both switches are dead/not working ?

i have the residential fridge...it does not run off propane. shore power only or when not plugged in a dedicated inverter that runs off the battery bank. the inverter on/off switch is also located right to the left on the panel as you walk up the steps to the coach. a green light tells you the inverter is on. there is also a reset switch enclosed in a compartment right over the propane tank if the fridge does not stay on when the inverter is on and you are unplugged from shore power.

the whistle is prolly air catching the rubber gasket around the outside of the windshield....prolly not alot can be done about that. open the drivers side window to see if you can hear exactly where it is coming from as you go down the road...

This is just me, but if I pay for a Nav/Sat upgrade, it better have the antenna properly installed. The dealer just didn't want to have to mess with it in hopes you will do it yourself. If it was an easy DIY no problem, but you have to run the cable through the pillars and drill a hole somewhere.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #8

Just took delivery of my 2015 350 XL. Couple questions if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
This is just me, but if I pay for a Nav/Sat upgrade, it better have the antenna properly installed. The dealer just didn't want to have to mess with it in hopes you will do it yourself. If it was an easy DIY no problem, but you have to run the cable through the pillars and drill a hole somewhere.

Agreed but it's too late now. One of the things I trusted but did not verify. I'm not bringing it back for that to be done; I'll get it done myself and move on. But I do agree with you that it should have been done. It came as a factory option not a dealer install option and the dealer tech kinda played a little dumb on it; he prolly didn't want to deal with it. Again the "trust but verify" motto applies.

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #9

I installed an XM satellite radio back when I had a Roadtrek camper van. Since your RV has a non-metal roof, you can try installing the satellite antenna inside and avoid drilling a hole in the roof. On my Roadtrek, which had a fiberglass roof, I simply installed the antenna in a compartment above the windshield.

The same may work with your Georgetown. If the performance is unsatisfactory, you can still drill a hole and mount the antenna on the roof later.