Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #1

Just took delivery of our 364 6 speed

Yesterday we took delivery of our new motorhome called "Turtle" since it took so long to get.. But after getting it home we have decided it was worth the wait.. Big upgrade from the hurricane 34B that we traded.. We only found a couple items on the PDI and another couple items after we got home that I fixed and one for the dealer.. No heat in the hall vent and middle bathroom vent..

It was sad to see them spend so much time cleaning the outside and then we had to drive home in the dark with pouring rain.. We have spent the afternoon making sure we could get everything to work again.. I will say that the folks at Blue Dog in Coeur D' Alene were great and kept us up to date with the process..

Now for the first drive impressions.. I will say we did not want to go over the pass so we were only on the freeway for about 10 miles and it seemed to drive like our old coach but we are not loaded and no semis around to see how the coach reacted.. But the thing I noticed the most was that the coach did not do a ton of down shifting when we hit hills.. Usually only one gear on grades but we did only go about 65 when possible and 55 most of the time.. Another thing I noticed was the drive in the dark and rain was not all that bad with the powerful headlights.. They were great in low with fog light and high beams really shot out there.. This was good when looking for all the Deer and Elk in Montana..

So far we are impressed and tomorrow I plan to hopefully get the rest of our stuff packed.. We plan to squeeze in a dry camp trip this weekend in possible snow and then a full hook up the next weekend to finalize any issues we need to get addressed.. It is a very nice rig and I am very happy we went with full paint.. Tired of decals that fade, crack and peel.. It was worth the extra two weeks and money
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 003.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	93659   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 004.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	93660   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 006.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	93661   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 005.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	93662   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 007.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	93663  

Name:	turtle 008.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	93665   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 009.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	93666   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 010.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	93667   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 011.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	93668  
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #2

A few more pictures.. Notice child gate for our handicapped son
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	turtle 012.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	93671   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 013.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	93672   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 014.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	93673   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 015.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	93674   Click image for larger version

Name:	turtle 016.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	93675  

Old 11-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #3

Looks very nice. Glad that you finally got it.

We have the exact same gate on the upper bunk as well for our 4 year old.

I like the paint option that you have. We decided to go without the full body paint and save the ~$10K or so. Not sure which choice is better at this point but definitely love everything about the 364.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #4

We have not used ours yet but we can tell it fits the bill.. Now if I can figure out how to remove the shelves to put in the washer we will be set..

Last night we wasted packing time after we put in the movie "Draft Day" and enjoyed the new location of the TV in our recliners..
Old 11-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Very nice. Sounds like the six speed transmission is doing a good job. We are planning on ordering a 377 XL Black Diamond next year and my question to you is. I have not yet seen a 2016 brochure and I'm wondering if the table between the driver and passenger seat is standard or optional on Georgetown's in 2016.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #6

It is standard now and very handy between the seats when you are set up for the weekend.. I can't imagine that they would get rid of it.. In fact we are suppose to give the factory feed back on the coach and six speed so we will add that to our comments
Old 11-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Thanks RVnut.

Cover Dog

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #8

Did you get the home theater surround sound on yours? Makes it so much better sound.

The wife and I actually had date night there recently watching a movie in the 364 in the backyard due to awesome sound quality from that.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #9

Yes we did and it is great.. In fact we got all of the options that were offered for this coach We decided to go all out since this is the last unit for us..
Old 11-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #10

RVnut, I have a 362 and took the shelves out of the cabinet to prep for the washer/dryer combo, we went with the Splendide 2100 vented model. The shelves come out by popping off the bottom panel of each shelf which is staples in, once the bottom panel is removed you have access to the screws that hold the braces for each shelf. Seems like they could have made it more user friendly but it is what it is.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #11

thank you.. You would think that since a washer/ dryer is optional that it would be an easy change.. What could we be thinking..
Old 11-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #12

We have enjoyed our 364 tremendously, except for the last month since we turned it in for some warranty issues on Oct 5, and at last check they were waiting on parts. We bought at RV Outlet USE in Danville, VA, about 6.5 hours from home, so not the easiest to get to for warranty work, found a place about 1.5 hours from home who accepted it for warranty work. I've handled all the small stuff myself, only a few major issues. I hope once this cycle is done that will be it for major repairs. Guess time will tell on that.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:16 AM   #13

Well we are packed and ready to fill the water tanks and do our first camping trip off the grid.. We are hoping it don't snow.. Will be back Sunday evening if all goes well to post a report.. Taking our grandson.. Just going 12 miles away so if we need anything is should be easy to correct
Old 11-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
RVnut, I have a 362 and took the shelves out of the cabinet to prep for the washer/dryer combo, we went with the Splendide 2100 vented model. The shelves come out by popping off the bottom panel of each shelf which is staples in, once the bottom panel is removed you have access to the screws that hold the braces for each shelf. Seems like they could have made it more user friendly but it is what it is.
So how accurate was there location for the 4" hole and was it scary drilling that sucker thru the side.. We have the same model of washer/ dryer..
Old 11-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #15

I found a local mom & pop shop to install it because I didn't want to be the one to cut the hole. They took their time measured real good for the vent to go straight out from the inside. Drilled a small pilot hole from the inside, and then went outside w/the hole cutter, worked well. I also got the drip pan and lock down brackets. They Drilled a 1" drain hole so the drip pan can drain if needed, design from the factory not the best for the connections, once hooked up getting to the water supply cutoffs extremely difficult if not impossible. The cutoff is through the access panel on the inside left of the cabinet, should either have handy access to the cutoff somehow or locate them under the sink. Not sure how all of that gets winterized if needed. Working on getting a 100amp RV power box installed on the side of my garage so we can have full 50amp service and use a couple small electric heaters one in front, one in bedroom to keep things above freezing, so with that and the arctic pac on, I am going to try and get by without winterizing. We live in East TN in the foothills of the Smokies, so it does get cold but no deep freezes for weeks on end. Usually only several days in a row below freezing. But with all the extra plumbing in the 364 it is a concern. We my family seems to enjoy the late fall through early spring state park campgrounds when they are desolate. We've been out where the only other unit is the full-time camp host. So winterizing really sucks for us, for maybe a month or 6 weeks of sitting.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #16

Thanks for all the info.. I figure I will measure ten times and then make a template off the back of machine and verify again.. It will be a later project and ours did come with winterizing instructions.. We are leaving later today and right now it is lightly snowing.. Only have ten miles to go and plan to take our little Honda gen to run all night if needed to keep heat pads going with out noise and vibration.. The DW says it will be nice to have a W/D to dry wet coats and pants when the weather is like this especially grandkid
Old 11-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #17

We went on our first adventure this weekend.. Started out in a small snow storm but after that the weather was ok with highs in the high 40's.. We love the new coach.. The water pumps were so quiet compared to the old coach.. Love that.. We still have a couple open drawers that I am sure the wife can fill.. The TV placement is so much better for everyone to view and we love the recliners in the couch.. Just a little hard to close up..

The king size bed is perfect.. We dont hit each other while we are sleeping anymore and we slept really hard.. The furnace worked great at keeping us warm and the only two problems on the trip was we did not get any air flow into the front bathroom and hallway plus we ran out of water which has never happened to us on a three day weekend trip so I never got to try the front shower..We need to figure out what is going on there..

We found out that the inverter for frig, furnace running all night and occasional potty breaks using pump still did not drain the batterys in 12 hours..

The DW also used her first convection microwave to bake bread and boy it really worked great.. Nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread and it is great warm with butter and peanut butter!!

We also figured out you dont drive with a lot of water bottles or pop in the frig even with the bungies on the doors.. The stuff will shift and cause the doors to partially open when going around a turn.. But we did get a full bucket of ice in the frig so we were happy with that.

We plan to go this weekend for a 400 mile round trip to try full hook ups so we will have been able to try everything and then we have to figure out how to winterize this beast and wait till spring.. Also on this trip I want to see how the handling compares to our old coach
Old 11-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #18
RJJ

If you pull in slightly on the recliner foot rest, then down to close it, it will close easily. Shouldn't have to force it at all. Took us a bit of practice and long legs help. Congrats on your new coach.
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #19

I should have suggested getting a baby lock from Walmart or Lowe's for the frig. We had the same issue first time out. There is a plastic U channel think it may be advertised for cabinet doors, one we double up and use two, Keeps frig doors closed no matter what. Only use the rubber bungee on the freezer now.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We picked our 364 up last Monday, and have been getting things situated inside. Still need to pack the basement storage, but the rig is getting ready for our maiden trip to NC at Thanksgiving. We have a small air leak around the passenger side window that will need addressed, but so far everything has worked perfect. We had the Splendide installed at the dealer and the tech said it's a real PITA to do, mostly because of getting it in the bathroom and lack of space to work in. Had the dealer install an in-motion satellite as part of our deal also. Need to get a stand alone receiver yet, but checked it out with my buddies receiver and all worked great. One thing I noticed was the bunk TVs had the antenna hook up, but wasn't connected. Easy fix. Also, my buddy and I both bought the exact same interior, Pebble, yet there are several differences. He has cloth bench seats at the dinette, and I have the "leather", same as sofa, and his walls are a darker brown, where mine are more of a beige/tan. All other aspects are the same. I do like the 6spd trans and have found that 64mph is the "sweet spot". Question: Is the small dome shape on the roof, at the front, the XM antenna? Tech said it probably was, but wasn't sure, since they just started coming in that way.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote