Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #1

L-Shaped Couch

We purchased the 335 in April and never opened the L-shaped sleeper until last week. It was impossible to sleep on. I can't believe they actually call it a sleeper. The middle third of the bed is several inches lower than the outside two-thirds. Is this common?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434723235.053081.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	80427
San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #2

I got a 377 and it is the same. The most ridiculous thing I ever seen. Useless. Even my dogs don't want to sleep on it.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 towing a 2014 Ford Explorer.
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #3

I reached out to Forest River and they essentially said"Yea that's the way it is. Try memory foam". I can't believe they continue to put these things in their motorhomes.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #4

The dinette makes a much better bed. We use a Coleman inflatable mattress for the couch, which is easy and comfortable.
2014 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Parish View Post
The dinette makes a much better bed. We use a Coleman inflatable mattress for the couch, which is easy and comfortable.

I will have to do that too. It's too bad we have to do that just to be able to sleep on it.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #6

We just ordered a double recliner last week. Will take out the L-couch and just throw an air mattress on the floor if need be. Our new recliners -recline all the way flat. Probably small kids be able to use it to sleep on ??

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #7

L-shaped sofa

We made the same mistake and didn't fold it out. Ours looks exactly like that. It is horrible. Just contacted Forest River. Will post any positive results.
Uhav2bkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #8

X10 on how bad it is. I tried it on a trip last year with memory foam that helped a bit but im thinking a blowup mattress would be better. Blocking the walkway for those in the bedroom is another issue.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #9

Hey Guys, We can't even open our L Shaped Couch!! We once did it... The pull strap is no where to be found! Can you advise us how to open it? We have search everywhere! Then we have to make it usable, LOL. Thanks!!!
dlmurdoch1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #10

Air bed on top

Tried memory foam but still uneven and uncomfortable. Got a queen Intex air bed with built in inflator and it works great. We set it up every night and watch the large TV from the bed and stow it underneath the sofa during the day. Very comfortable now.

No pull strap for the sofa. Remove the back cushions, grab the front of the sofa at the bottom, swing up and out, fold down the back and place the cushions in the middle to fill the space. Not difficult once you get the hang of it.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #11

Thanks but our problem is we can’t open it! The strap is not showing and can’t find it. Do you know how we could open the couch??
Old 12-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #12

If your problem is just setting up the L shape end itself, sometimes the strap falls down under the cushion. With the back still folded down, grab the bottom cushion with both hands and pull up, then holding it up with one hand you can reach under and pull the strap out. It’s a pain but that’s what happens.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblattman View Post
If your problem is just setting up the L shape end itself, sometimes the strap falls down under the cushion. With the back still folded down, grab the bottom cushion with both hands and pull up, then holding it up with one hand you can reach under and pull the strap out. It’s a pain but that’s what happens.

Thanks so much we will try that!!!! Oh how I hope that works. Then we can work on the next problem, lol. Btw. Where did you find the other mattress? Again thanks, rblattman!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #14

Ok. We tried what you had fictive and realized that you were one step ahead of us we couldn’t even extend the seat at all to get that far, but as my husband tried to pull the seat out I WAS finally able to see the little strap to release the “L” part and “it popped out”. How easy was that!! Actually you did help us find it so thanks, I am going to add a longer cord onto the strap so we don’t lose it again. Have a happy holiday!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #15

Has anyone removed the L-shaped couch and replaced it with a recliner loveseat? If so, how do you remove the L-shape couch and get it out the door. What did you replace it with? I have a 2016 Georgetown 335DS and would like to put a sofa recliner or two Euro relingers in its place.
bluecolorkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #16

Wouldn’t consider removing L couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecolorkat View Post
Has anyone removed the L-shaped couch and replaced it with a recliner loveseat? If so, how do you remove the L-shape couch and get it out the door. What did you replace it with? I have a 2016 Georgetown 335DS and would like to put a sofa recliner or two Euro relingers in its place.
The L-shaped couch is one of the main selling points for that floor plan, so no. We like to just set up the bed at night with a 13” Intex queen air bed and prop up to watch TV. It’s the perfect height and very comfortable. Also serves as a bailout bed should one of us start snoring during the night.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #17

Does anyone actually like the L-Shaped couch? I never tried one but I don't understand the benefit. You gain a seat at a right angle from the couch but you lose the corner seat.

Whats the point? Isn't a couch with a pull out and foot rests better all around? I'm not trying to be insulting, just trying to figure out a benefit I obviously overlooked.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #18

The first time we pulled out the L shaped couch for a bed, we quickly realized it was the worst bed in our MH. The person would roll off to the floor as the outer part slanted down, and not to mention the uneven cushion parts. My husband cut 3 pieces of 2X4's to insert as legs under the outer edge. It works great as we don't use this bed often. It's the last bed to use. The L is nice as you can lay out in that end of the couch in addition to the 2 recliners. I am still interested in possibly replacing with recliners in the future. If anyone has done this please share pictures.
kschike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #19

When my wife and I have to pull out the L-shaped couch for a bed we have our guests sleep front to back making 2 single beds rather then side to side, works alot better for us.
rcampli is offline   Reply With Quote