Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #1

Lack of outlets (or cigarette lighter plugs) in front of Georgetown?

We are looking at new Georgetowns and I'm noticing just one single cigarette lighter plug up front. Am I overlooking another one perhaps? Seems a bit limiting...if I'm charging my cell phone, and my wife Iwants to charge hers as well...and wants to be powering the laptop as well (or whatever) ??? I know you can buy a splitter, but seems like there would be at least 2 outlets up front? Not a deal breaker, but just saying....
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #2

Not sure which 12 volt plug you ar etalking about?
YOu do have one in the dash array but you also have one where the TV antenna amp is located. Depending on what model you are looking at.
My 378TS the additional plug is located in the back of the upper compartment where the passenger seat is. This is where my cables and DVD player is located.

Adding 12 volt plug is not a major issue as you can install one in the future for a few bucks. You can also buy a multi head adapter to plug into the one in the dash at Walmart.

Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

In My 378 there is a 110 outlet under the dash on the passenger side as well as the two
12v outlets as mention above. I also have a 12 v splitter that adds 3 more 12 v outlets up front. Another 11 outlet on the side of the fireplace.
Seek and ye shall find.
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #4

My issue is the lack of 110 in the kitchen area. In our 329 we do not have one plug on or by the countertop. I have to run an extension cord from the media center. Very silly.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
My issue is the lack of 110 in the kitchen area. In our 329 we do not have one plug on or by the countertop. I have to run an extension cord from the media center. Very silly.

Yikes, bummer on that. We are looking specifically at the 351's. Anyone with a 351 can to comment on outlet placement in kitchen (and in general for that matter).

Thx!

-Mike
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #6

We have a 350. 110 outlets under dash at passenger seat, under cabinet behind passenger seat, on side of cabinet by sink and above counter top between sink and stove.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

For 110V duplex outlets.......

Check the underside of any cabinetry in the kitchen area.........we have two 110V outlets there. I added a multiple outlet to the 110V outlet under the dash in front of the co-pilot. There's another on the underside of the cabinet behind the co-pilot seat. I also added one of my own on the wall behind the driver's seat.

For 12V outlets......

Factory equipped, there was one in the dash near the radio, and like Iggy mentioned there is one where your TV boost button is near your amplifier and such.

Installing multipliers from auto accessory shops is a quick way, as long as the total draw doesn't get too high. Installing your own 12V outlets is a piece of cake. Just tap into any 12V source wires on the underside of the dash........some are "live" all the time, some are controlled by the ignition key...............your choice.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #8

Our 2013 351 has 1 power outlet in the kitchen - it's upside down under the top cabinet - admittedly NOT the most convenient location.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Toad with ReadyBrute Elite
Networx is offline   Reply With Quote