Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #1

LCD TV Modification

When the government pulled the plug on analog TV my rear TV was useless so I built an insert for the space and even used the original face frame. If anyone wants the drawing or want me to build you one, let me know. I am not trying to advertise here, just trying to help. It also helped since I wanted an individual DVD in the Bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2030399.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2116  
GT350DSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Nice set up. I have DirecTv so I can still use the old TV with that receiver but the thought has crossed my mind to change out the bedroom TV. Thanks for the picture.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #3

Looks really nice. I envy those of you who have the talent to work with wood. I have always been terrible at it. I can fab up just about anything with metal but when it comes to doing something nice with wood I am just hopeless.

Working on a mount right now for our bedroom TV. FR mounted it flat to the wall which means you can't see it when you are lying in bed. They also bared access to a lot of good usable room in that cupboard behind the TV, so I ripped out the divider wall that was used as the mount for the TV, re-located all the wiring into the corner behind a panel that I made and am working on a way to mount the TV tilted downward and on a door that can be opened up for access to the storage behind it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #4

I had Help

I did have some help with the project. We have a sign business which means I have a CNC (computer numeric controlled) machine.
I measured the area, purchased a 22"TV and laid out all the parts on the computer. Cut them out of 3/4" oak plywood.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #5

The whole thing popped right in with the TV already mounted to it. I replaced the 4 face frame screws and it was done.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #6

NWJeeper...How about taking some pics and posting for the rest of us. We would like to do the same thing in out 378 as well. They did waste a lot of space behind the present TV. Thanks
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by betndavrv2 View Post
NWJeeper...How about taking some pics and posting for the rest of us. We would like to do the same thing in out 378 as well. They did waste a lot of space behind the present TV. Thanks
I will do that, gonna be finsishing up the install of a 2nd porch light today on that side of the motorhome and the wiring for it runs through that cupboard. I started working on a metal frame/door to mount the TV to but it wasn't going like I had wanted so I am back to the drawing board for the mount of the TV. I want it to act like a door but also be easily removable because when our rig is in storage we take that TV in the house to use above our jacuzi tub in the master bath.

I'll get some pics online tonight after work...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #8

Thanks NWJeeper....How about a little info on your additional outside light you are installing as well. FR needs to put two of those side lights on the curb side as well for evening lighting, one up front and one in the rear. Thanks in advance.
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #9

Thanks for the pics...I am going to start working on our conversion to an LCD as soon as things warm up a bit...there are so many tilt/swing mounts available, I am convinced that they should be able to be used...it's finding or making a suitable anchor for the mount that has me stymied.

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST"

Nights camped in 2011: 108
Nights camped in 2012: 41
piscesman is offline   Reply With Quote