Old 12-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
LCI auto level not level

Have 2012 GT 378 with LCI level controller .Is there a way of recalibrating it?
Every time I use auto the unit never ends up level. Because of the leaking reservoir cap I'd like to avoid multiple attempts that happen when you do it manually.

Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
sounds like a warranty issue if leaking,in the packet we recieved with our unit was an detailed procedure for resetting the levelers

liven life in east TN and wherever my
2011georgetown280ve, and
2016 fordexplorer and hemi RAM
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
After one attampt to use the automatic levellers, I decided I could do a much better job.

My procedure (it's an older rig) is to power the system up and extend all four jacks until the feet are just touching. Since the control panel does "all", "left pair", "right pair", "front pair" and "back pair", getting them all just touching can be an interesting exercise.

Once that's achieved, I then go for the least amount of extension that will get the rig level. With an arthritic dog who has trouble with the steps, the closer the bottom step is to the ground, the better. She's not with use any more (see sig.), but we still use the procedure we developed for her benefit.

We have been at a couple of sites where the pad was so ridiculously out of level, we asked for a different site. In both cases, the CG wasn't too busy and they could accommodate.

I haven't used the CG reporting function on the forum. Do people report CGs with pads that are ridiculously out of level?

FYI, the Larrabee State Park, just south of Bellingham,WA, has a problem with sites that are both longitudinally and laterally very much off level and it's difficult to get the rig level without very large differential displacements of the leveller actuators. We ended up with about 19" from the ground to the first step of our extending steps.

We won't be going there again.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Just follow the recalibrate method

You should have a recalibrate method in your owner's manual. That should do the trick
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
Full insturctions are also on their website.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Thanks to all who replied. Although I don't recall seeing anything in info I have I'll have a second look and/or see if I can find LCI website
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
I too have had quite a learning curve with the levelers. I now only level manually. The auto system was taking all four wheels off the ground which the manual says is a big no-no. Since the parking brake only works on the back wheels, I hit the parking place front down and level from there. I have never been 19 inches out of level. That must have been fun?????

We compete with our dogs in agility so we are at fairgrounds more than anywhere else. Sites are concrete, gravel, grass, mud - you name it. I carry 2"X10" lengths of wood to put under the leveler feet so they don't sink. Screwed an eye bolt into the lumber and use a three foot dowel rod with a hook screwed to the end to set and retrieve.

I wish the auto function worked as advertised. Am I in the minority? Do most of you use the auto and should I try going back. It would be easier to press one button and be done versus the bumping around I have to do now.
2007 391TS UFO Chassis
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Go to the Walmart RV section and buy yourself a pair of leveling bubbles for about a dollar, stick them on ahead of your jack control. I tried other ways and this seems to get me a perfect leveling everytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	9494  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Lippert Troubleshooting Tips.pdf

See Setting Zero Point for recalibration. The step by step instructions are there.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
When we first got our GT, I found that the auto-leveller did a rotten job, getting the rig too far off the ground most of the time.

I did a very careful levelling in our driveway, using a 12" torpedo level in the bottom of the fridge. Once it was level, I stuck two of the adhesive bubble levels in a place where I could see them from the driver's seat, which is where the leveller controls are. Unless a site is ridiculously out of level, I can usually get the rig levelled in less than 5 minutes.

Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote