Old 10-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi3088
I understand that but it's on when I retract after they have been extended. When we retract the jacks should we be getting a green light showing that they are all up?
No, you have "jacks down light" goes off, that is jacks secure. Think green blink means not level but sys avail, just shut it down after raising jacks.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #12

SemperFi3088
I would look for a nice level area to park your motorhome and zero your leveling system.

I did this after I bought my MH and it needed to be done to set the level point in the system.

Take a look at your manual and it will go thru a full step by step procedure for leveling you system.

This process tell your system what is true level. That way it can maintain that when taking the jacks down on uneven surfaces.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #13

A persistant problem with my leveling system on Auto level is that it almost always lifts the front tires off the ground, even when the site is almost level. I took it back to the dealer numerous times, and they keep saying "it's working as designed". I have been using the manual leveling which I can get level without raising the tires off the ground. The system just seems to go nuts, even though when it finally stops it is level. I have zeroed it, but it does not seem to make any difference.
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #14

My 378 does this too. Even on nearly level concrete pad , it keeps adjusting until we have at least front wheels off the ground. I use manual mode and a level for minimum lift to level.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #15

Thank you ffbconsult for that information.
In my case this is not the issue. I never raise the whole MH with levelers. I have also had numberious leaks and blown line on the sliders also.
Hopefully this complete replacement will be the answer.
If not all that is left is the pump and valves.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobill View Post
My 378 does this too. Even on nearly level concrete pad , it keeps adjusting until we have at least front wheels off the ground. I use manual mode and a level for minimum lift to level.

You need to learn how to zero your leveler control panel.
Read the manual about doing this. That is your problem

Old 11-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
A persistant problem with my leveling system on Auto level is that it almost always lifts the front tires off the ground, even when the site is almost level. I took it back to the dealer numerous times, and they keep saying "it's working as designed". I have been using the manual leveling which I can get level without raising the tires off the ground. The system just seems to go nuts, even though when it finally stops it is level. I have zeroed it, but it does not seem to make any difference.
The Ford chassis as delivered is quite a bit lower in the front than in the rear. It takes probably 4-6" of lift to get it straight. If one rear side is low on parking it must lift the side first and then the front to level. This can and will cause the front wheels to clear. It happens to mine also. One way to cure it is to roll up on blocks undrer both front wheels if the site looks "level". That will give the level system a head start and won't have to lift the front end off the ground. BTW on delivery, mine woud autolevel, but it was never level, always low in front. I fnally went through the procedure in the book and it levels true to a 48" carpenters level. Problem is if the rear starts out on high ground, the front wheels are off the ground. I have 2 x 8 ramps for leveling my last unit if needed.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
Tim & Lisa Trempert

One of the reasons I bought a motorhome was so I could pull in, push a button, hook up a couple hoses and an electrical cord and push a button for the awning. I never wanted to deal with blocks, ramps, cranks, etc. My front wheels do come off the ground sometimes. It makes no difference to me - it works fine. Unless someone can send me a picture of a problem (collapsed coach, body under the wheels, etc.) any fear I have is just a fear of the unknown.

I like to keep my life simple! Push a button...ahhhhhhh.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #19

When I had my coach up at Forest River to be serviced, I had them look at mine when I would push the auto button to level the coach it would lift my back tires off the ground about 2 inches. They stated to me that was not in anyway good for the coach that this could cause serious problems with the jacks and the lines. They never could figure what was causing this. I just use Manuel mode to be safe.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #20

Turn around before jacks? LOL if weather is coming, get off the jacks.

Tags
leveling