Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #21

I have to hit the auto retract button about half the time before I can move, to silence the alarm. After a visual the jacks appear to be up to the stops. This could be after hours or minutes that the jacks were originally retracted. Anyone have any ideas?
hazbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #22

It might be the pressure switch on the pump. If it is bad then the control panel will "sense" the jacks are still down.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazbunch View Post
I have to hit the auto retract button about half the time before I can move, to silence the alarm. After a visual the jacks appear to be up to the stops. This could be after hours or minutes that the jacks were originally retracted. Anyone have any ideas?
Call Lippert (LCI) 866-524-7821 and tell them the symptoms.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazbunch
While stationary try the system reset by pressing the four direction controls same time. Looks like four diamonds in middle of Lippert panel. Check book for full description. Will zero out computer (reboot).
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #25

Thank you for the advice, I will try both.
hazbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
It might be the pressure switch on the pump. If it is bad then the control panel will "sense" the jacks are still down.
I have been having a recurring problem with the pressure switch. Can anyone tell me if this is a chronic problem, and it may continue? I have replaced the switch twice in the life of the coach (2006 model Georgetown) and it was replaced once under the manufacturer warranty. The level system seems to work normally most times, but the 'jacks down' LED will stay on even when the jacks are fully retracted at times, always unpredictably. I have to disconnect the switch to fool the system into thinking all is well, then I can drive away.

Any suggestions?
dragracer497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer497 View Post
I have been having a recurring problem with the pressure switch. Can anyone tell me if this is a chronic problem, and it may continue? I have replaced the switch twice in the life of the coach (2006 model Georgetown) and it was replaced once under the manufacturer warranty. The level system seems to work normally most times, but the 'jacks down' LED will stay on even when the jacks are fully retracted at times, always unpredictably. I have to disconnect the switch to fool the system into thinking all is well, then I can drive away.

Any suggestions?

What is the level in the tank when all slides and levelers are up and in?
It does also mean fluid level is low.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer497

Any suggestions?
There is a return valve to the sump which opens when a device retracks, slide or jacks. That valve locks down to hold pressure to both sides of operators. If the dump valve leaks to around 1500-1800 (not sure) the alarms will start and jacks could deccend after major fluid loss.

Time to find the cause and not just treat the effect! A good hyd shop can help. Sounds like oil press is bleeding internally not outside.

Remember the system is always at 1500 +psi both sides. Needs high press to move small pistons with high loads, also allows leaks!
Good luck, BTW start the pump, but thats a real bandaid.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #29

Has anyone touched or adkusted any of the valves?
All valves that have the allen screw on them MUST be TOTALLY COUNTER CLOCKWISE until they stop or you will have leakage.

So find a 5/32" allen wrench and make sure all the valves are totally closed in the counter clock wise position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	21605  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #30

I guess I can assume from the replies that repeated failure of the switch is not common.

The fluid level is and has remained constant.

I'll get a allen wrench and check the valves as suggested this weekend.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #31

The slide-outs and the jacks always work perfectly extending and retracting, there is just this glitch with the pressure switch. Perhaps there could be an issue with the pressure loss, the coach was left at a RV shop for nearly six months while they tried to fix the level system and a few other issues. That was two years ago. Ultimately the switch was determined to be the problem then. I have replaced it again myself several months ago and the system has worked normally until I washed the exterior of the unit in my driveway with a pressure washer. I used the level system to stabilize it while I was walking around on the roof.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer497 View Post
I guess I can assume from the replies that repeated failure of the switch is not common.

The fluid level is and has remained constant.

I'll get a allen wrench and check the valves as suggested this weekend.

Thanks for the help guys.
Good idea Iggy but Just one more thought about the valves. There will be one for each jack and one each slide, not sure how many you had. The hex screws control only output valves to the devices, normally solonoid operated can be opened by turning clockwise. I'm thinking your proplem is the Isolator? valve which controls return to the sump. There's no valve on it, only an index device to regulate it. Seems like no way to close it or cock it partially open. Still check, just keep this in mind.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #33

I've a 2004 georgetowm 34' 2 slides and leveling jacks. I'm beside myself on trying to figure out the leveling system the 4 activating buttons are configured in a diamond pattern. I would assume that each button would opperate a single jack (up and down) however it seems as though a different button may lower a jack extended by a completely different button. I'm confused and a simple diagram manuel would shur help, is there one available?.
ron mikula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #34

The top button lifts the front the back lift the rear jacks, and the other two do both sides.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mikula
I've a 2004 georgetowm 34' 2 slides and leveling jacks. I'm beside myself on trying to figure out the leveling system the 4 activating buttons are configured in a diamond pattern. I would assume that each button would opperate a single jack (up and down) however it seems as though a different button may lower a jack extended by a completely different button. I'm confused and a simple diagram manuel would shur help, is there one available?.
Each diamond operates 2 jacks alwsys to prevent racking the chassis. Front or rear or each side. Try LCI 1.com to download and print IB.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #36

To ron mikula; Check the earlier post #3 and #7 by Iggy in this thread. Post #3 has attachment "Control troubleshoot.pdf" and Post #7 offers "full user manual". This should be what you need.
Hope this helps.
Elmer
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mikula View Post
First welcome Ron to the forum. We are here to help and I'm sure we will all do our best to anser your questions.

I have attached 3 documents that you to download to your computer, print out and read.

1. Lippert manual for a 4 leg leveller systems and slides.
2. Lippert control panel setup and how to use it
3. Troubleshooting document

After reading come back and let us know how far you have gotton and the specific questions you have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_ALL_maual.pdf (2.68 MB, 329 views)
File Type: pdf Manual_Override_leveling_slides.pdf (942.3 KB, 249 views)
File Type: pdf Control_Panel_Troubleshoot.pdf (806.5 KB, 329 views)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #38

Thanks Iggy !!!! We all appreciate your help in solving our questions.
I have had the pleasure of having 40 nights camping in our 2007 Georgetown 370TS this year. Hope I can do more in 2013. Happy travels and camping to all.
Elmer
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerg View Post
Thanks Iggy !!!! We all appreciate your help in solving our questions.
I have had the pleasure of having 40 nights camping in our 2007 Georgetown 370TS this year. Hope I can do more in 2013. Happy travels and camping to all.
Elmer
I will be heading your way in a few weeks from Arizona.
We will be stopping in Biloxi MS at Keesler AFB for a few days then on to Florida keys for a week.
Any great seafood resterants you can suggest while in Biloxi?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I will be heading your way in a few weeks from Arizona.
We will be stopping in Biloxi MS at Keesler AFB for a few days then on to Florida keys for a week.
Any great seafood resterants you can suggest while in Biloxi?
Iggy....gonna kinda steal the thread for a moment: If you make it to KW make sure you get a meal at El Siboney. Best Cuban in the keys. You staying at Sigsby?
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling