Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #1

LCI jacks low voltage

LCI jacks always display low voltage when turned on. I need to start the engine to clear the low voltage light and move the jacks.

Is this normal. No issues with the coach and chassis batteries that I can detect.

Coach is new and item is on the dealer punch list. Just want to be prepared if I am told this is normal.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Georgetown 270SS.
dhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #2

I had the same issue, so when I arrive at the campsite I leave the engine running, set the parking brake and lower my jacks. When I get ready to leave I start the engine, raise the jacks and release the parking brake. The low voltage light never a comes on. I'm guessing it's not designed to run off batteries alone.
Greg_Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #3

Same here in the FR-3 25. Engine need to be running...
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #4

On my GT 335, the engine has to be on and running to use the jacks, that is how it is supposed to work. Think it draws power from the engine battery. Don't know if your model is the same or not.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #5

x2, leave the engine running to lower the jacks.
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #6

I THINK we have a consensus. Kill this puppy...
Old 07-21-2015, 01:39 PM   #7

Agree. Thanks to everyone who replied. Nice to know it normal. Now we can work on fixing the real issues.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #8

and guaranteed you will find some. Someone on the road once asked me about how I liked RV'ing and what kind of problems one would have. I of course told him I loved it. Re: Problems, I told him to tie his house via some chains to the back of a truck and drag it a few hundred/thousand miles and back. There will probably be a few things that need some work when you get home.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #9

OK Everyone agrees.

I want to know why no one ever reads the manuals first.
It says in many places that the engine needs to be running.

See attached picture from my manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	83625  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

You REALLY want to know that? While you are correct in the case of the Leveling system, the rest of the "manuals" that I received are pretty worthless. I personally have read the stuff we got. However, I would find little fault with an owner who burnt most of the user info you get with these RV's. My Chevy PU, Toyota Camry and most every car I have had in the last 10 years came with a "phone book" sized owner manual and a CD, with a toll free number to call. (Which works very well.)

I have a FR3, with most all the options and other than what I have been able to get here (Forum), it came with no adequate info to speak of on wiring, fuses, the audio/video systems, winterizing, "summerizing", and a bunch of other things. It is tough to get a call back from FR and the two or three things I called (2 different) dealers on, they didn't know either...... So, if the OP here threw his paperwork in the trash, fine by me. Right here in this forum you will get all the info you need about as fast as you will get it anywhere else and it's free. Despite one of us barking at him for not using the manual. WE LOVE BEING HERE AND HELPING OTHERS. If not, the forum wouldn't even exist. So you want to know where the horn or steering wheel is located....? Ask, we love it....
Old 07-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #11

Manuals are a great source of information and I did download and read all the manuals. Just wish my memory was perfect, particularly when I needed. So I thank the operators of this forum, since often it the first and best place to find information for a question. Thanks for including the reference to the manual, much better than the resposne, read the manual.

Dave
270 Georgetown
Old 07-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhind View Post
Manuals are a great source of information and I did download and read all the manuals. Just wish my memory was perfect, particularly when I needed. So I thank the operators of this forum, since often it the first and best place to find information for a question. Thanks for including the reference to the manual, much better than the resposne, read the manual.

Dave
270 Georgetown

Glad the page picture helped.
My statement to read the manual inflamed some. Sorry.
The issue is really we all bought one expensive toy.
I think it deserve a little time to learn the many facets of the rigs before we break something that is always inconvenient and very costly.
So all I suggest is spend some time reading and rereading the limited amount of paperwork we receive so you don't have to be stuck in a campground with no help in site and no idea what is wrong.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #13

Give Iggy a little bit of a break, he is a good guy and he did not mean to make anybody feel bad about not reading manuals. Even if most of them were missing or are useless except for the one from Ford! This forum is a great resource for sure and Iggy has been a big contributor to it, i see his posts all over the place.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
OK Everyone agrees.

It says in many places that the engine needs to be running.

See attached picture from my manual.

👍👍

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanM View Post
Give Iggy a little bit of a break,
Just as Iggy didn't want to offend, neither did I. I am sure Iggy contributes as much as most no matter whether it's in the manual or not. I just wanted to point out how great the forum is and that often it is MUCH easier to reach out here, than to go through the random collection of paper that we got from FR that USUALLY doesn't help... The Forum always helps....
Old 07-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
LCI Jacks

Reading the posts on the low voltage light, I have a question that I could not find the answer to in any of my info provided by FR. When we put the jacks up, their is one of the triangle lights that continues to blink. Check and all the jacks are all the way up. What causes this light to blink?
carluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #17

It means you are not level. Since the jacks are up, that is what I would expect..
Old 07-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by carluv View Post
Reading the posts on the low voltage light, I have a question that I could not find the answer to in any of my info provided by FR. When we put the jacks up, their is one of the triangle lights that continues to blink. Check and all the jacks are all the way up. What causes this light to blink?
When turning on the panel you should show the yellow triangles show which area is low. Not sure if they blink as I don't remember.

Here is the troubleshooting manual for you.
It just might be as simple as you need to Zero the system on a level surface.
Was the rig may have been leaning a lot?
What happens when you turn the panel off then back on again?
Does this happen every time you setup?
Have you tried calling Lippert the manufacturer about the issue?
Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Control_Panel_Troubleshoot.pdf (806.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
Thank You Iggy and Jim Schings for the info.
Iggy, I will have to try the zero in process. My wife usually does the jack stuff, so I will have to check the panel. Yes it happens every time we set up. I have not called Lippert yet. Never think about the light until we are on the road.
carluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:33 PM   #20
Bill & Janet

Every time I see a post for the leveling system, it's an LCI. Am I the only person with the Georgetown that uses a Equalizer Systems? It not only controls my jacks that also both slides. Also jacks will not extend with the engine running but they will retract the engine running.
km5xa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, voltage