Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #1

LCI leveler pops breaker in auto but not manual

I have a 2008 378TS that consistently pops the breaker when leveling in the auto mode but never in the manual. Also, in the auto mode at least 1 of the jacks never makes contact with the ground. The fluid level is correct and i've run the auto calibration several times. Nothing helps.Anyone come across this problem? Thanks Bob. Red Lion,Pa
gofasternu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #2

Present auto setting over extending on system start. Find section in book for auto level. Also published on line. Use a level and manual level like you have been. Follow the book and you'll lock the new auto settings in. In the future will return to the new settings.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Present auto setting over extending on system start. Find section in book for auto level. Also published on line. Use a level and manual level like you have been. Follow the book and you'll lock the new auto settings in. In the future will return to the new settings.

We have the same issue since new on a 2008 that my mom has. I've replaced the breaker and the batteries. I'm replacing the wire to the breaker since it's getting hot. I think it's a poorly designed system. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4471.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	377.2 KB
ID:	138052 or a bad pump motor.
ffalgoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried calibrating several times. Doesn't help.. Next step, replace breaker. However, I have found that i'm much happier with the results when manually leveling. This is my second class A and auto always seems to lift much higher than necessary.
gofasternu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #5

I stopped using the Auto -- no matter how many times I calibrated it, it always over extended and really lifted things. So, I now manually level.

One thing I have found, if the batteries aren't solid and the wires, the current draw can really create an issue.

My sister had the same size Newmar, forget what it had, but way superior to what is on the Georgetowns.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofasternu View Post
I have a 2008 378TS that consistently pops the breaker when leveling in the auto mode but never in the manual. Also, in the auto mode at least 1 of the jacks never makes contact with the ground. The fluid level is correct and i've run the auto calibration several times. Nothing helps.Anyone come across this problem? Thanks Bob. Red Lion,Pa

I found four loose connections. Two in the motors ground and two on the solenoid switches. Check the base nuts on each the were loose. That solved all my problems!!
ffalgoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #7

When I went through my electrical area looking for a fault I found several ground wires, including battery ground terminated with a washer between the wire lug and ground point by the factory. There should be no washer between a ground plane and wire lug. The ground plane should be free of paint etc. and the wire terminal lug secured directly to ground. Apply paint etc. to aid with non corrosion. The factory used a star washer but installed it under the lug.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, manual