Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #1

LCI Leveling system 2011 Georgetown 28DS

Today my auto level system started giving me a low voltage message and wouldn't lower the jacks. I always keep the engine running and even turned in the genny. Still nothing.

I'm not too savvy, but my batteries are full. Is there anything else I could check before taking it in for service?
AjayLovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

You need a digital meter to do a little testing.....

What voltage reading at the house batteries with nothing running?
What voltage reading at the house batteries with engine running?
What voltage reading at the house batteries with generator running?

If you’re not getting 13.6 or better with engine or generator running, I suspect your converter is not working to charge your house batteries.....typically found underneath your entry steps.

Check inside your power cord compartment and see if your plug for the converter is plugged in all the way. Sometimes it’s located on the roof of the compartment. If it is, make sure the breaker for your converter plug is not tripped. That’s located in your power cabinet along with various fuses for your rig......usually near the floor in the bedroom.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #3

The converter does not come into play (not powered) with just the engine running and that is all that is required for the jacks to work. Don't know what the cause is but the engine alternator should be sufficient for the jacks unless the battery has gone in the dumper. The interconnect relay may be an issue.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Thanks bubbles. I stand corrected. The converter is only for when using the generator or hooked up to power from the campground.

The alternator from the engine charges the house batteries directly.

Check voltages of your house batteries.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #5

Well, yes directly through the energized interconnect relay in the BCC. The circuit within the BCC determines weather that relay closes or not. I don't know if the pump 100a switchblade circuit breaker would allow the under voltage light to come on if the circuit breaker was open. One way to check ignition interlock for engine running to operate the levelers is; with ignition off, hold the emergency start switch to start and try the levelers (bypasses BCC circuit board and energizes interconnect relay direct)). The coach and chassis batteries will be paralleled (should be enough power for the levelers if both batteries are good) with the interconnect relay energized. If the levelers work the relay is ok and the ignition interlock input is bad. This is just one check I perform to eliminate failed components and probably know more of what I want to do than trying to relay info with verbiage. Just some thoughts. Hopefully the issue is not severe.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayLovel View Post
Today my auto level system started giving me a low voltage message and wouldn't lower the jacks. I always keep the engine running and even turned in the genny. Still nothing.

I'm not too savvy, but my batteries are full. Is there anything else I could check before taking it in for service?
With the ignition off do the slides work? If not, that would prompt me to check the pump 100 (could be 50 amp) amp switchblade circuit breaker. It will sometimes trip with low voltage.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #7

2011 Georgetown Jacks

The slides are fine, it is just the jacks.

Where is the emergency start? I admit I am a newbie and am not sure where some things are. I will check to see if I find any bad wires. I went with the simplest georgetown so not too many bells and whistles, this leveling system is one of the few . The breaker box seems okay.

Would anyone have pictures of the lines that I need to check? The owner's manual is info deficient..
AjayLovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayLovel View Post
The slides are fine, it is just the jacks.

Where is the emergency start? I admit I am a newbie and am not sure where some things are. I will check to see if I find any bad wires. I went with the simplest georgetown so not too many bells and whistles, this leveling system is one of the few . The breaker box seems okay.

Would anyone have pictures of the lines that I need to check? The owner's manual is info deficient..
Because the slides worked is an indication the pump switchblade circuit breaker has not tripped. Emergency start switch, if you have one, will on one of the panels at the drivers position. It typically is a momentary rocker switch that is held actuated to tie the chassis and coach batteries together for starting if the chassis battery is low on charge. After start release the switch. For your purpose just actuate the switch but don't start the engine (ignition switch OFF). Try the jacks with switch actuated. If the jacks deploy you may have an open ignition interlock wire. One way to check ignition interlock is to set ignition switch to ON and see if the slides still work. If they don't ignition interlock is good. If you don't have this switch this is a moot input.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #9

You more than likely can press the MANUAL button on the LCI panel and lower the legs manually by pressing the appropriate ARROW button that is showing as 'low'.... once they touch the ground, the system will automatically stop it when that side is level, as long as you continue pressing the button. Then press the opposite ARROW button, to bring down the opposite legs, just til they touch the ground a bit, to give you the best foundation.

You can do the same MANUAL mode to lift the legs - then press the AUTO RETRACT and hold it as the legs come up, until the system finishes.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #10
Head Honcho

You can do the same MANUAL mode to lift the legs - then press the AUTO RETRACT and hold it as the legs come up, until the system finishes.X@
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #11
Head Honcho

I agree you can manually raise and lower the RV as long as the LCI pump is running once you put the command the raise or lower into the dash system. If the pump is not running you can have a possible brushes failure. That happened to me a few years back on my 2011 Georgetown.

If you do a search you may be able to find my old post with part numbers, etc.
About reference to your slide If it is similar to mine,

My whole wall slide in my Georgetown is cable driven with it's own drive motor above the couch dinette area.
Hope this helps
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #12

I was led to believe the OP's system is all hydraulic and he indicated the slides (2) work normally which would indicate no issue with the pump.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #13

There is an in-line fuse that supplies power to the levelling control buttons. If no control lamps on maybe the fuse is blown. On my MH this fuse is attached to the LCI wiring close to the BCC & LCI Pump
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, georgetown, leveling