Old 11-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #1

LCI leveling system question

Sorry as this may get long. I over extended my jacks and they would not retract. In the process of trying to manually override the system and retract them I opened and closed the valves which resulted in loss of some hydraulic fluid, as well as one of my slides opening up, and later when I was closing one slide another opening up, and reverse, kind of like a seesaw effect.

Good news is I was able to fix everything by finding a thread here that talked about a red lever on a circuit breaker by the batteries that pops out. Once I popped that back in I was able to retract the jacks and close the slides.

I have added some hydraulic fluid and believe have closed all the valves. Jacks are retracted and the slides are in. I am not touching anything tonight.

Assuming all of that is correct, does anyone know if this thing is safe to drive home, or will the jacks deploy or slides just open up on their own as I am driving because I may have messed up something? Thanks.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #2

Vakeel..........

We had a very similar situation with our rig just a few weeks ago. Got our hydraulics to the same point as you...........slides in, all jack retracted even though the alarm panel indicated otherwise.

Here's some contact info for Lippert

CONTACT US

General Support: 574.537.8900
Interiors Support: 574.312.7361
Email Warranty: warranty@lci1.com
Email Parts: parts@lci1.com

By talking with the LCI support people, and reviewing our condition, we agreed to continue driving several days to get back home. It is now at an authorized dealer to have the situation looked at by their repair group.

Hope your safe also, but call them to discuss.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #3

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Will do.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #4

I'd say stoke each slide in and out, auto level the rig retract. and if it all works just keep an eye on it
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 AM   #5

Thanks. Truth be told the slides had a real hard time coming in at first like they had no power. So I am afraid of moving them out and not being able to pull them back in. They are in now so I think I am just going to drive home real slow and take it to the shop first chance I get.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:23 AM   #6

You have to run them a few times to get the air out of the lines and back to the tank. If the tank was low and you needed a lot of fluid you probably have air in the lines.
How much fluid did you add?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #7

So, the slides wont deploy as along as the engine is running, and the Jacks shouldn't deploy as along as the Parking brake is not set. so as long as you are driving you should be OK.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #8

Thanks chrisbailey13. That is comforting to know, and now that you mentioned it and I think about it kind of common sense.

Iggy, tank was pretty low. It's now half or maybe just a little over half full. I have a little more that I can add, but not much more.

By the way, just as an aside, when I called Lippert yesterday the guy kept telling me that I have probably damaged the valves (I am guessing because I opened them too much and fluid was leaking) and they need to be replaced.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #9

LCI Jacks

Had a similar problem with overextended jacks. Ended up with all the lights on control panel flashing with no response to anything I tried. Called dealer and found out that to reset you need to hold all four position buttons in at once and hold for five seconds. That solved problem and was able to retract jacks. He also said to check and reset red circuit breaker which I did.

Tags
leveling