Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #1

LCI Motorized leveling

My jacks are up but the "jacks are down" light is on. The fluid is full so that leaves the pressure switch I think. Before I pull the switch is there a fuse that might be out?
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #2

Did you try and cycle the jacks? Sometimes mine used to not come all the way up and had to auto level then retract all to get it done.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
My jacks are up but the "jacks are down" light is on. The fluid is full so that leaves the pressure switch I think. Before I pull the switch is there a fuse that might be out?

Before you pull that switch: make sure you disconnect the battery connection to the pump. It will start auto to maintain system pressure. Yellow switch on manifold senses when return oil pressure falls to 1500 psi. Leak or jack out of home position will cause the light to come on. System return pressure always on about 1800 psi to balance jacks extended or retracted.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billr View Post
Did you try and cycle the jacks? Sometimes mine used to not come all the way up and had to auto level then retract all to get it done.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yes, I had to manually retract them twice. When I tried the retract switch all the jacks went down to there max.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Before you pull that switch: make sure you disconnect the battery connection to the pump. It will start auto to maintain system pressure. Yellow switch on manifold senses when return oil pressure falls to 1500 psi. Leak or jack out of home position will cause the light to come on. System return pressure always on about 1800 psi to balance jacks extended or retracted.
Thanks VinceU, Would I be able to drive MH if I can't fix the problem. (if I disconnect the battery to the pump). I may have to have someone else repair this. Does replacing the switch sound like the right thing to do?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #6

Why don't you contact the jack manufacture first, they know all about there product and will be able to tell you if it can be fixed over the phone or will have to be taken in or have a mobile service come take a look.

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks VinceU, Would I be able to drive MH if I can't fix the problem. (if I disconnect the battery to the pump). I may have to have someone else repair this. Does replacing the switch sound like the right thing to do?

You should be able to drive it with all power off the system. You can have the jacks secured with wire or web belting as insurance.

Also in your last post you said the jacks extend when you push retract. I had that happen a few years back. It was an electronic failure causing the pump to always extend. Temp fix is to remove the pump connector on the manifold with two wires only color white and black. On to extend, off to retract. Once located easy to change.
Now don't think press switch is involved.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #8

What year and model is the motorhome?
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #9

jergeod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
What year and model is the motorhome?
2014 Georgetown 335
jackadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #10

I have the same MH model and year. Had same problem and have posted about it on here. Do a search and you should find it. There is a recall on the wiring harness. To get the jacks to work until you can get the harness replaced, pull the black and white 2 wire plug out of the side of the motor. Then you can cycle the motor to retract all jacks
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanM View Post
I have the same MH model and year. Had same problem and have posted about it on here. Do a search and you should find it. There is a recall on the wiring harness. To get the jacks to work until you can get the harness replaced, pull the black and white 2 wire plug out of the side of the motor. Then you can cycle the motor to retract all jacks
Quote:
If you search for a thread called Hydraulic horrors dtd. 5/8/12 posts 1-11 all history and repair are outlined with photos of the failed parts are displayed. It was complex then but others have had the same problem.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:06 AM   #12

Thanks all for your help. It may be a few days before I can get to it. But Thanks all the same.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #13

I have a 2014 351. I can't find that previous post about the jacks recall. Can someone post a link or something if they find it?
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #14

It's the wiring harness, there's a recall. You need to contact LCI and they'll tell you how to manually raise them and then will ship you a new harness. Takes 30 mins to replace it, it's not really a big deal.
Starboard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling