Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #11

I don't think there's a lemon law for RVs, can't you manually retract the jacks?

Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #12

You should be able to also reset the jacks,hold down all 4 arrows on the level control box should reset within 30 seconds.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #13

When u level your coach do you use auto or manual mode?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #14

Same thing happened to us in Amarrillo, jacks would not retract, 2014 351DS. I used auto level to extend them as I am not quite confident enough yet to use manual. We called Coachnet and they sent a service guy out....he was at a loss for a while as well. Come to find out, the jacks had over extended and tripped the breaker. Although the spot we parked in did not appear to be steep, apparently it was steep enough to lift the rear tires off the ground and over extend the jacks.We now know that if it happens again (and it did) reset the breaker....too easy.

We have taken the coach in for some minor warranty work:
Transfer switch cycles when running the rear air on the generator
Front air trips breaker on shore power
Residential refridgerator has shifted (leaning back)
Generator shut down three times while going down the road at well above 1/2 tank of fuel

As far as we're concerened these are minor

I was watching a show about RV building the other day, I think it was Winnibego......they now put these things together in four days....top to bottom. I am guessing that is probably an average of most builders, so it does not suprise me one bit that there are "bugs" in these motorhomes and it takes a couple of shake downs to drive them to the surface.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #15

How level is level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
Same thing happened to us in Amarrillo, jacks would not retract, 2014 351DS. I used auto level to extend them as I am not quite confident enough yet to use manual. We called Coachnet and they sent a service guy out....he was at a loss for a while as well. Come to find out, the jacks had over extended and tripped the breaker. Although the spot we parked in did not appear to be steep, apparently it was steep enough to lift the rear tires off the ground and over extend the jacks.We now know that if it happens again (and it did) reset the breaker....too easy.

We have taken the coach in for some minor warranty work:
Transfer switch cycles when running the rear air on the generator
Front air trips breaker on shore power
Residential refridgerator has shifted (leaning back)
Generator shut down three times while going down the road at well above 1/2 tank of fuel

As far as we're concerened these are minor

I was watching a show about RV building the other day, I think it was Winnibego......they now put these things together in four days....top to bottom. I am guessing that is probably an average of most builders, so it does not suprise me one bit that there are "bugs" in these motorhomes and it takes a couple of shake downs to drive them to the surface.
Just bought a 2014 Georgetown 328TS. Was testing the leveling jacks tonight and used Auto to get them to level. Not even sure that it worked all the way because the control panel showed the Error Mode (left, LCI and right lights all flashing). After much research, I realized the breaker had tripped and had to reset it in order to get the jacks to retract.

The parking spot I'm in didn't seem that unlevel. This this happen to you much? Not sure how serious this is and if I need to take this back to the dealership?

Makes me a little disappointed with the new purchase. Not sure if the leveling jacks ever finished their job? But you need it level in order to open the slides! Not sure what to do.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #16

The parking spot I'm in didn't seem that unlevel. This this happen to you much? Not sure how serious this is and if I need to take this back to the dealership?

Makes me a little disappointed with the new purchase. Not sure if the leveling jacks ever finished their job? But you need it level in order to open the slides! Not sure what to do.

This has only happened to us twice and only in Amarillo.....kind of odd.
If you feel the need, take it back to the dealership and let them take a look at it, we did....it's still there, but as I mentioned earlier, there were some other issues as well. We are taking it with a grain of salt. Yes, it is disappointing....but look how many different manufactureres and components are installed in the same place and have to work together.

The last trip to Amarillo, when it happened, we didn't use the jacks and still let the slides out....may not have been a good idea, but we did it....seemed to work ok with no problems. It was only an overnighter.

I have seen a lot of good advice on this forum about how to use the jacks manually, in fact I am thinking, if it happens again.....I will retract and try the manual route. We have done the jack pad route and it just makes the jacks extend and raise the tires off the ground even further. It seems as though the jacks extend the same didtance regardless, wherever you are or however level the ground is.

Not sure what to do? Just enjoy your coach, that would be my recomendation. As I said earlier, if you feel the need, take it back to the dealer....or at least call them. These things, in theory should work flawlessly....and maybe some do.....don't let it get you down, get the bugs worked out and enjoy it.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #17

Where is the circuit breaker located?
2010 Toyota Prius
mkaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #18

Not sure about yours, but on my 351DS, it is just forward of the steps in the house battery compartment
Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnlife1973 View Post

Just bought a 2014 Georgetown 328TS. Was testing the leveling jacks tonight and used Auto to get them to level. Not even sure that it worked all the way because the control panel showed the Error Mode (left, LCI and right lights all flashing). After much research, I realized the breaker had tripped and had to reset it in order to get the jacks to retract.

The first time I tried to level my 2013 Mirada 35DL I had the same issue. Basically, the spot I was in so was so unlevel that the system just could not get it to level automatically. That time I just moved to another spot since it was so unlevel. I have had it happen again and been unable to relocate. When this happens now I try leveling the unit manually using a level in the freezer to determine level. It is harder to level the coach manually and requires a lot of trial and error, but it really isn't too bad and you can usually keep the wheels on the ground when you do it manually.

I have found that it is much easier to level side to side first, then focus on front to back. And I have some 1/2 inch plates that I can stack under the jacks when it is way off. YMMV
Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #20

I always level manually, its quicker and I believe "more level". I don't use a level, just the bathroom door. If it will stay open half way with out movement either way the rig is level enough for me. The door is right across from the fridge.

Another point, I noticed some posting have talked about an alarm on their jacks when down. I do not have this on mine and was sorta surprised when we got the rig that ours doesn't have one. Or is there and it doesn't work? Wouldn't know where to begin to look or hear for one.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote