Old 06-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #1

LCI Slides & Jacks

Good people, I have a 2011 Georgetown Model 378 which has 3 slides and 4 jacks all operated by a hydraulic Lippert Components LCI Electronic Leveling System. First symptom problem was the electric motor which powers the pump for the hydraulics burned out and the slides would not go in or out and the jacks would not work. You can’t order the motor without the pump so that was done here in Las Vegas by Apache RV Services. Once it was installed and powered up the seals on one of the hydraulic actuator cylinders blew out. That was ordered and replaced (a large shaft with screw bar inside). When we went to pick it up the jacks worked and so did the slides but when I released the parking brake the control panel “jacks down” warning light came on flashed and alarm sounded, also you could hear the motor cycling and pressurizing the system (which is what probably burned out the motor in the first place). The repair place contacted Lippert’s technicians who said it was a pressure sensor in the system which had gone bad. Sensor was ordered and replaced which did not solve the problem. Lippert techs don’t have any other ideas on what the problem is. Apache is contacting Forest River. Anyone have any suggestions?
Jerry1909

Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #2

Just a quick ?

According to the LCI parts catalog on the web it appears that you
can order the motor alone.
When you said that a motor - pump unit was installed did this include the tank also. The reason for my ? is that I was told the complete unit had to be replaced if the pump failed i.e. motor-pump-tank-valve manifold.

Gary

Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #3

Gary,
I only saw it briefly but I think they used the original tank and manifold. Replaced the motor and pump.

Jerry
Old 06-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #4

I believe what you described is the normal operation for if you were to try and drive off with the slides and/or levelers out/down. Sounds like maybe reverse sensing
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #5

I agree but the jacks are up and slides are in. Would it be the control panel?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry1909 View Post
I agree but the jacks are up and slides are in. Would it be the control panel?
Yes, similar has happened to a number of times. For no reason the panel lights flash and the alarm sounds continuous. I found by turning on the system, wait a few minutes and ignore the order to set parking brake. When you shut it back off the panel will be normal. Sometimes it goes off again in a minute or two, repeat on wait then off. Worst cases I had to pull off the road and secure the ignition (and power to the panel), it will reset.
The pump has never tried to start under these fault conditions.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #7

I wonder if something got miswired with the parts change. I believe there is a procedure to reset the system and I think it is available on Lippert's (LCI) web site.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles
I wonder if something got miswired with the parts change. I believe there is a procedure to reset the system and I think it is available on Lippert's (LCI) web site.
Thats a good idea except it's so random I don't hold alot of hope reset will help
Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #9

I appreciate the comments and will share with Apache RV Techs who seem to be experienced. I am at a quandary on what to do because I can't use the motor home if the pump motor keeps cycling when driving it. It would burn out again.

Jerry
Old 07-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #10

Bought a 2014 Georgetown 351DS in May of this year. I've had the unit back to the dealership twice because the leveler jacks would not retract. I'm now sitting in a campground unable to move because the leveler jacks won't retract AGAIN.
I'm going to investigate the RV Lemon law for the state of Ohio because this is bullshit! How due you folks put up with the crappy quality control of Forest River?