Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #1

LCI / slides and jacks don't work one slide opens

Got a 2015 GT XL .
The slides worked coming out , no jacks , of the 3 slides the back bedroom works , the others and the jacks do not . believe it's a LCI pump and controls
it was bled a few days ago but still needed to push on slides while someone held the switch to get them to close . any ideas on troubleshooting this issue

Thanks . asking for another camper. I'm in a 2015 XLR 29 HSF toy hauler myself
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #2

First thing to check is to make sure that the fluid is full in the reservoir should be approx. 1 inch from the top. The system is a self bleeder but needs to ensure that all of the air is out of the system. The levelers should be extended first and then only when level should you extend the slides. When I blew one of the hoses to the front leveler lost all fluid and it took a while for the system to prime and start moving the slides, you will hear a different noise in the pump once its primed but be careful not to over heat the pump. Hope this helps and please repost what cured the failure so it can help others.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
First thing to check is to make sure that the fluid is full in the reservoir should be approx. 1 inch from the top. The system is a self bleeder but needs to ensure that all of the air is out of the system. The levelers should be extended first and then only when level should you extend the slides. When I blew one of the hoses to the front leveler lost all fluid and it took a while for the system to prime and start moving the slides, you will hear a different noise in the pump once its primed but be careful not to over heat the pump. Hope this helps and please repost what cured the failure so it can help others.
Thanks for getting back to me . lci was 0 help. i've got the bedroom slide and the bunk slide working and even the jacks on manual . the livving room slide will move a feww inches it cocks meaning the bottom comes out a few inches but not the top then it just stops it will go back in those few inches . will contuine to try and bleed some more

Any other points of advice ?
Old 06-30-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As you bleed, keep an eye on the fluid level. If you run it dry, you will be back to square one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
As you bleed, keep an eye on the fluid level. If you run it dry, you will be back to square one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thanks . got the jacks working but only if done manually , they all retract and will extend and lift up the unit and level in manual mode . got the 2 rear slides working . the main slide needs to be helped in by pushing on the outside while retracting . it comes out fine by it's self . I think there must be leaks in the solenoid for the retract as it just doesn't seem to have enough psi to push/pull it in . anyway got them set up well enough to be back on the road Saturday . It is a rental unit from Dallas RV in TX . they seem to be ok at least my chat with them they seemed to care about their clients . I'll help them Saturday morning get the main slide in then they head right back home and can live with out the main slide for the trip .

Thanks for the help ! from one FR owner to another
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #6

Just a note. In case you didn't know, that 1" from the top of the reservoir ramair mentioned is with all slides and jacks fully retracted.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Just a note. In case you didn't know, that 1" from the top of the reservoir ramair mentioned is with all slides and jacks fully retracted.
Thanks . tank is full with everything out . still the maain slide will only go out on it's own and needs help coming in . based on the fact thatmi got movement from other slide while operating the main slides leads me to believe it's o-rings or solenoid is not sealing well so not building enough psi
to do the job
Old 07-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #8

Well after only one day of sitting it all went back to nothing working . had to bleed again. looks like the main slide once we pushed it in for travel in the am oil was poring out from between pump reservoir . can't believe a 1 yr old unit and this LCI system is toast . what a piece of junk ! hope the bedroom slide goes in in the am .
Now should boards be cut and stuck in place behind the slides . they seem to close tight but don't want them wandering out while their moving .or should the solenoids hold them in place
Old 07-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #9

The solenoids will not put pressure in the lines and once in they should be fine. One thing to remember that since its a rental may not have been taken care of. I have had our unit since new and no issues like that. Also there is a procedure to extending the slides. Once Jacks are down, Main slide 1st then right slide and last bedroom. Its the opposite when retracting. Hope this information helps for future reference.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
Old 07-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
The solenoids will not put pressure in the lines and once in they should be fine. One thing to remember that since its a rental may not have been taken care of. I have had our unit since new and no issues like that. Also there is a procedure to extending the slides. Once Jacks are down, Main slide 1st then right slide and last bedroom. Its the opposite when retracting. Hope this information helps for future reference.
It helps me for future reference. The renters how ever are driving straight back and going to stay in hotels on the way . the rental co should have all the operating procedures printed out and stickers on all the switches . I founf out it's a storage place that people rent their personal units out and Dallas RV is the management / rental co . i would never let my unit be rented out . if you can't afford it sale it
Old 07-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #11

I agree with you would never rent out our MH. They should by reimbursed for their expensive or have a full refund on the rental.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie

Tags
jacks, slide, slide out