Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Leak from closed slide when parked

Our slide is leaking while its closed. Its only wet in one spot (dark area on carpet in front of wall out let). The RV was parked when this happened. Its a 2012 Georgetown 327. Any Ideas where its coming from?
Attached Images

tjvpga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Looks like it might be traveling from the top outside running down the top corner of the slide to the rubber seal on the inside and down or on the bottom corner of the slide, which ever has a downward slope.

Check to see that the slide is sealing all the way around.

Shane & Antoinette
2012 Ford F-450 SuperDuty
2013 Crusader 355BHQ
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
I have looked at everything and cannot see where the water is coming from. Does Forest River have a phone number for a problem like this? I am sure i'm not the first one with this problem. Any help is very appreciated!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Plain Old Member
I have a few contacts for the service center I can dig up if someone doesn't beat me to it. Not sure how much help they'd be over the phone. Mine leaked while out, took it to Indiana and they redid all of the outer bulb and wiper seals which had been improperly installed. Got it home, and it leaked a little bit while in. I did a few more adjustments and it seems like I got it whooped for now. I had mentioned to them adding a full perimeter D-seal around the t-moulding on the slide box as cheap insurance. They agreed it couldn't hurt. You'd end up with twice the seals then. I've got the D-seal, but haven't got around to installing it. Just a thought.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Had a similar leak with our 2008 Georgetown 374...turned out to be leaking above/behind the forward mounting plate for the slide topper...they do not adequately seal this bracket...I sealed all around it with RTV,,,no leaks since...been a year since fixing! Good luck...
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
Did you ever found what the leak was?
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Did you ever found what the leak was?
Not yet. But I did find when parked on a slight uphill grade with the back end higher then the front, it's bone dry. Turn it around and I get a leak. Makes me think its not the shower, etc. It has to be caulking along the slide somewhere.