Old 12-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #1

Leak problem

Ok, I have a leak I need help with. On my Georgetown, as you are looking at the hot water heater, there is a leak coming from the tank below it. Which tank is that?

I've had to shut water off to the RV to stop the leak. Nothing else will work. This seems to be some kind of pressure problem from the outside water connection. Has anyone had this problem or know what's it from?

Not too long ago, I was flushing the tanks after draining both black and gray tanks. I thought I had both tanks open but had left the black tank closed. I realized what I had done and went back to open the black tank.

I think my leak could be caused from what happened but I'm not real sure. Anyone have any ideas? Is this an expensive repair for a technician to fix?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I would think if you have to shut the water off for the leak to stop it must be on one of the water lines, not a tank. Possibly an elbow where the lines go up to a toilet or washer set-up is leaking above that tank and running down the sides of it. Pictures would be helpful as well as providing the model number of your Georgetown.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I would think if you have to shut the water off for the leak to stop it must be on one of the water lines, not a tank. Possibly an elbow where the lines go up to a toilet or washer set-up is leaking above that tank and running down the sides of it. Pictures would be helpful as well as providing the model number of your Georgetown.
I had a tech come out. Turns out it was a broken fixture behind the hot water heater. Many of these are made out of plastic and not that great. He put a metal one on to replace it.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
I had a tech come out. Turns out it was a broken fixture behind the hot water heater. Many of these are made out of plastic and not that great. He put a metal one on to replace it.
I had the same thing happen on our Big Horn fifthwheel when we had it. What that broken fixture is called is a check valve and I replaced the pastic one with one made of brass. Never had to worry about it again.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote