Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 06-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #1

Question Leaking Lippert Hydraulic Pump

I have a 2010 Georgetown 379 that has been used 6 times. I noticed ATF fluid puddled under the unit while camping. Leak was coming from under my hydraulic pump and reservoir that runs my slides and levelers. It appears that it is leaking where the reservoir joins the pump and the plastic reservoir has become warped from the heat generated by the aluminum pump while in use. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I understand it can happen to TT's and 5th Wheels as well.

Unit is 8 months out of warranty and the parts cost to replace the pump/reservoir is $1,600.00 from Lippert. They say you must replace the entire unit. Any advice or help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #2

yes, it is a simple oring replacment.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #3

I've had a very slow leak in mine since day 1. Dealer could never fix it. The amount it was leaking was so minor I don't even notice a difference in the resevoir level. It will leave a spot when parked, amazing what a few drops will do.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #4

Get a hold of Forest River and present your issue, raise hell if necessary, lol. They may warranty the problem even if it is out of warranty because of the limited use. I am dealing with issues being out of warranty myself with limited use as well.

Contact either

John Armstrong jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com
or
Michael Burns mburns@forestriverinc.com
Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
yes, it is a simple oring replacment.
I think you are correct. Will try this first. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #6

Hi all
I have a 2010 350 ts with the Lippert slides and jacks. I have a significant leak and I'm taking it in to the dealer next Tuesday to have a number of isses addressed before my waarranty expires. While browsing on RV.net I came across another post about the leaking Lippert slide motor/resevoir contraption. One of the posters said there was recall to address this issue. Have any of you folks heard of this recall? The poster said that Lippert ponyed up with a new pump and resevoir. Sounds almost too good to be true. Feedback anyone
Lloyd
Old 06-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #7

my pump was replaced after 4 attempts to repair O rings...Lippert required photos of the valve assembly even though we had the serial # of the pump...hope this fixes the problem.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #8

My husband and I headed to Alaska in May with our 2010 Georgetown 373DS. We developed a hydraulic leak in Colorado Springs and had the o-ring replaced. We thought we were set so headed into Canada where, without any additional signs of leak we completely lost our hydraulics in the middle of the wilderness at Sikanni River. My husband tried eveything he knew with no result.

When we were able to make contact with Lippert, they worked with my husband on the phone for almost 2 hours trying to get the system to work without success. We returned to Great Falls, MT where they shipped an entire replacement hydraulic assembly including motor, pump, reservoir, etc. Everything was replaced at TravelTime RV in Great Falls and so far all is working well.

Fortunately we are one month before the end of warrantee period so Lippert paid the bill entirely. Of course we had to give up our dream trip but Lippert technical support was a dream to work with - just wish it hadn't failed in the first place.

Eileen - please excuse any technical errors on my part - I don't really understand any of this just repeating what I heard - haha
Old 06-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #9

Our new (April 2011) 378ts also has the leaking hydraulic problem. Started when we first arrived home after picking it up. Seemed to leak only while being driven. That still seems to be the case. The dealer thought it was a loose fitting, but the leak is now much worse. Its scheduled back in for more work after the 4th.

If there is a recall (hard to believe) I would like to know about it too. There seem to be a lot of these with leak problems!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #10

I haven't heard of any recall. Lippert has not been the best to deal with but I did purchase a new tank and O ring. It is being installed today, all at my expense. Unit is 6 months out of warranty and has been used five times. Lippert Customer Service made me feel as though I was the only person having this issue. This is why these forums are so valuable. I will update you all soon with outcomes. Hoping to head to the Gulf Coast beaches on July 9th. Happy 4th of July everyone.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Online Users: 1,176
461 members and 715 guests
05CrewDually, 13larry, 1nshort, 2013leprechaun319dsf, 45 ACP, 62_inrightlane, abjb, AirForceAngler, allncham, ALMansoori, alparmmer, andy may, angler3, AquaMan, aujmr1970, Aussim, autorot8, Av8orLou, B and B, BadgerRoo, bagged123, BarbaraG, Batts-toy, bcarlton74, bdybldkris, BeachBowen, BeeGee, beipers, Bigfoot55, Bill n Diana, BillMFl, Black, BlakeB, Blaque, bleedmaroon, blevinseve, boatless, bobrapp, bobuk1, Bob_Loblaw, Bowden FL, Bpenn, BradJacksonRVW, brawe549, bresdogsr, Brother Les, Bruce and Lynn, bsdmom, BuckeyeChuck, buddyu, budone, BurgPath, Buser154, buskirk21921, Cajun Po-Boy, camper1999, Campman33, CampOsborne, Campster, canmannc, cat1956, CatalinaWineMixer, cegeswender, checca, Cheffonade, ChibullsAN, ChooChooMan74, chriscowles, chrisgrissom1971, Cindymae, cj72, clydngail, coachb0917, CoachBen, Colleen Engquist, corey1976, Cover Dog, cpaulsen, cstover, cub22908, cwblaylock, Cyoul8r, d69stang, dado39, DanielJ, danimal86, dannyd, dannyging, danyboy87115, Dave Lyon, DaveandSue, davel1971, david brune, david-o, david155, davidsongreg, Davison206, Davylee, dbarr, Dbt803, dcheatwood, dcs1968, ddemme, ddorourke, Ddubya, Deaver, Dennis and Julie, Derekjpapa, dewitt76, Dijoeboss, dirtracing, Displaced2, djmac1964, dlzeller, dmoyanaise, Don0426, DonCath25ds, DonL, doosterhouse, doug6, DougP47, dpkelly3, Droidrt, dryfly, DSurette, dtomstant, dts3204, EastlakeRoo, edgewant, ejaeger, ellisscottl, Enconcapt, ericiverson, eriecamper, erikmpower, essness, EXGMTech, exploreco, f1100turbo, F4wso, Family of 4, farmbone, fbconsults, ffolts, ficksters, Fifth Wheel Joy, fincher, Fire2103, fixit440, FLY4FUN, flyboyerv, fonzie, ford7368, fot3, foxhead, FrancoNico, Fred and Toni, French, g2yeux, GAC2460, Gaffer222, garusc, GaryanJane, gasman6674, gauchoverde, gboyle, GeneFail, germainesaint, ggrady, gigilec, GJCrawford, GJones, glevron, gmacklem, gmann55, gmccarth1150, golfmedik, goodneelix, grang92, graple, Great Laker, Greenshield, Greg68, greysailor, Grif76040, grotto69, grubbster, gscarter100, gtowman10, guy, Hamblen, Happy Vibe, harpman, HarrynSally, hazbunch, Herk7769, hockeytownmom, hollowayr, hotrodnrv, hrlyguy2, hvacmech, imnoo2rving, Indycamper, iowaborn, islanders70, itstime2ride, j02kennedy, jar3316, jdaniel, jeeplj8, Jenner, jergeod, jerky, jerseyboy, Jim Sullivan, Jimb462, Jimmygee, jkirvin, jlroadmaster, jnew, JoeMazz, JoeyH, john1345, johnbyers, JohnF, Johnny Cox, jonandjolene, Joyce and Ken, JParcic, jragle, jrlogan10, jrs_diesel, jsnow, jtstromsburg, just.a.jeep, k3wtf, Kaadk, kaschultz, katkt, keefe237, keller9431, kennythornton74, kerrlakelover, kho6658, Kickingupmudd, kim_m, ksents, kybaja, KyDan, K_and_I, LaydBack, leland1950, lglalto7, limblips, LittlePM, Lloydg, LLVanB, Lostdog, Lou K, lswartz, Lvnlife1973, mackman1994, maddogz, maga, maggielizzie, MagnoliaTom, MarcusN, mario_bovio, meandmylabs, Medic44, meleah57, mgaines, micalo, michigannurse, mike1329, Mikegjax, mjfruth, mjw1048, Mkayers, mks, mlong, mmjmeade, mmunn, Mmwtdh, Mollydog, MommaHuffman, Mr. Dan, mwietro, mzbrandi, n1joh, nate.rhodes, Nats, Networx, nevadaray, NicelyRoo, Np13, Oakman, OHSLVRBK, old rv man, OldCoot, One_Mad_Marine, Orion, osco55, pathfinder, Patrickdana, Paul Evenson, paul mcroberts, Phil57, phillip252, phuber9458, pjones1969, pkhill, pkthomas, pkurek, Platokidd, Poper, pvillebly, Quasipato, R Whitlow, racecar67, RAM, Ram2500, Ramblin Recks, RamsFan1, rapiniii, rasteve44, rbq, realebill, RedDragon, RedStick, rekwiat, ret2006, rhollar, RhoZeta, rich1902, Riverdude, riversedge, Road-King, RoamingBadger, RobertR, rockport, rockwood ron, ronkosar, Roocrew1, rosewood2023, roudy55, roy.langford, rpresley, rprpnp, rr retired, RShelton, RV PDI Guy, RVChick, RVINSMCM, rwatson, S Barker, SabreSam, sail2liv, Salmon Hunter, sawmiller, sbailey729, SBx2, schwyl, Scootdawg, Scooter86, Scubadude62, sddapeck624, Seabird08, shagginwaggin, shamus81, shatste, shawnlilya, shorthorn, sideout1961, sidmihal, SilverbackMel, simplyrwc, Skylinezx, Slow_movin, smethers, Snappsgirl89, snipe, Sno4Life, Soxfan1957, spiderball, spike, spock123, spredybob, sroarke, sschifer, Stasiak, Stebbie, steffl, Stephan, stephenstub, stevengb, stryke-force, sugarjohnson, Super 8, Superchief, SuperShawn, SusieQ1701, swiggy65, swiseman, szn8tt, Tailwind, tammyinen, Taranwanderer, taylormade, tbob777, tcoop48, Team Topper, Tech Admin, The Real Snowman, thetanu539, TheWaterboy, tking01_2000, tldrake, tmhyer, tmuni, tone100, toylover, tracer 255, Tracer2010, TracerMada, Trailblazer, travelinfitter, Triguy, Tsb19, tundra470, Tutz, Ultraboy, USNMM1VETERAN, Vern, Vette4trcr, Vic and Kristine D, Vinster30, vocoder, vols1963, wallercarl, wayne8508, Weezer, WestCoastRV'er, WestTexas, whatachump, whitca, whitmw, wilkes camper, WJC, wjpelka, wlcljohnson, Wojo, WoodyMccloud, wrapperman, WY Husker Fan, Xact1, xraymankb, youroo, zkravinz, Zwicker, _nelsonc
Most users ever online was 3,472, 03-05-2014 at 02:14 AM.

ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.