Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #1

leaking shower

We have a 2000 Georgetown and we are having problems with the shower leaking. Frustrated we have tried calking around the base and have checked the faucets. they are all fine could it be the drain? it leaks to the bedroom side of the shower.
lhemerline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #2

Best way is to get under the shower and look for it
Old 07-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #3

I did the same as you, caulked all the wrong spots, bought new faucet, checked drain ect...
I have a glass enclosure in my TT. I had a leak that I could not find. I thought it was where the metal glass track rested on the base but it was not. The way I found the leak was to use soapy water on the outside and compressed air on the inside. My leak was where the rubber weather strip that surrounds the glass, that fits into the metal track, that makes the frame of the shower doors. I saw the bubbles from the soapy water. Sealed with silcone and no leaks.
Good luck,
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #4

leaking shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
Best way is to get under the shower and look for it
I know but can figure out how to get there. The bottom is carpeted around the bottom of the base and I can't see any screws.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #5

Does it only leak when used?

If so sounds like drain. Hopefully you can fix with new seal at drain connection to shower base. If not may be pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhemerline View Post
I know but can figure out how to get there. The bottom is carpeted around the bottom of the base and I can't see any screws.

My 2012 has an access panel on the outside of the shower at the base.
It has 4 screws and if you remove you can see the drain which is just screw tight fitting like under the sink.

Here is a picture of mine.

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New 004.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	83316  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #7

leaking shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
My 2012 has an access panel on the outside of the shower at the base.
It has 4 screws and if you remove you can see the drain which is just screw tight fitting like under the sink.

Here is a picture of mine.

Good luck
Ours is carpet that's why I was asking how to get to it.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #8

Look between the shower tub and the bottom of the glass door frame with a flashlight. I found mine to be missing caulking. First shower after delivery found water all over the bathroom floor. Went to local hardware store, bought smallest tube of shower clear culk and 5 minutes later problem sloved. It looked like when installed the factory didnt put enough caulk on the mating surfaces.
Watertown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #9

Mine had a slow drip where the cold line attached to the faucet. Removed small access panel and tightened. Don't over tighten or you will crack the plastic seal and make a bigger leak.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:10 PM   #10

On our last outing we had water leaking onto the floor, I couldn’t see anything along the doors so I opened the access panel and found that water was running down the outside of the drainpipe around the bottom of the shower pan.

The previous owner had silicone all around drain pipe so this was an ongoing problem.

The first thing I notice that Georgetown had very poor quality control if you look closely the plywood holding up the shower pan was 6 inches too short and there was nothing supporting the pan around the drainpipe. There was two cut outs for the drain pipe but are 6 inch back from the pipe.

Due to all the flexing of the shower pan it cracked around the shower drain pipe see first picture.

I used Devcon Fiberglass, Porcelain & Plastic repair kit to fix the crack an added more support under the pan. We haven’t been out since I made the repair but there is no more leaks when I did a test last week.

Good luck with your problem.

Brent and Gail
Royal Canadian Air Force - Retired - Sgt
2008 Georgetown 374ts
rampddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #11

Thanks Brent but our is carpet below the pan so not sure how to get to the pipes under the pan.

Tags
leak, show, shower