Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #1

Question Leaking water right rear basement compartment Georgetown 370TS

I have 2007 Georgetown 370TS 1 1/2 bath Class A 39 foot. Recently when camping the rear grey tank showed full when we showered that night. However it was pouring down rain so I waited until the next day to drain grey tank. Then I noticed water in right rear basement compartment. I think roof is OK because no water noted inside motor-home. Is there an overflow to the rear grey tank that could have dumped water in the compartment?
Thanks for the help.
Elmer
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerg View Post
I have 2007 Georgetown 370TS 1 1/2 bath Class A 39 foot. Recently when camping the rear grey tank showed full when we showered that night. However it was pouring down rain so I waited until the next day to drain grey tank. Then I noticed water in right rear basement compartment. I think roof is OK because no water noted inside motor-home. Is there an overflow to the rear grey tank that could have dumped water in the compartment?
Thanks for the help.
Elmer
There were reports in early June, may have been a GT 378 but similar unit, of tank odors in same vicinity. Turned out by fill testing it was a vent connection at the top of the tank had failed. Believe there is a soft flex joint (not hard pipe) joins tank exit to roof vent which is hard 1.5" pipe. You may have similar problem. That will leak just below the floor into the compartment, in his case the water heater. Grey tanks in every instance I'm aware of overflow to the lowest point above the tank - shower.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

That passenger side rear compartment is directly below the shower. If you look at the top of the compartment there is a black wood panel with a couple screws that will enable you to get to the trap below the shower. I'd check there for possibly a cracked or loose joint.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #4

Leaking water rear compartment

Thanks for the help. You were correct. Problem was cracked fitting under shower that was leaking. Replaced fittings and leak stopped.
Thanks Elmer
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman
That passenger side rear compartment is directly below the shower. If you look at the top of the compartment there is a black wood panel with a couple screws that will enable you to get to the trap below the shower. I'd check there for possibly a cracked or loose joint.
Good call!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I found that access panel when I was looking for the junction box back when I had the electrical problem. We just had the same issue with a cracked fitting, actually the nut that tightens the pipe from the drain split into 2 pieces. I did notice the trap was wedged against the plastic compartment surround at the top. I took a sawzall and cut away about a 1/4". It now has some room to move and the access panel still covers the opening.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote