Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #21

Hoof it on down to Texas and do it there.
Have NAPA or some shop like it make the hoses for you.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #22

I did not do that, although I sure considered it. I was afraid it would leak enough pressure to let the jacks drift down while driving, a real bad thing. Just decided it wasn't worth the worry. Will post the cost Monday when it's done. The hydraulic shop I am taking it to has done some for DesMoines RV, so they know what needs done. Thanks to all who posted ideas.
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #23

Got MH back today from hydraulic shop! Just over 300 bucks, but it is done!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #24

Newellri thanks for getting back to us
BTY how many hoses were changed
for "300 bucks"? was it just one?

A RV repair shop in my town wanted over $1000.00 to replace
all of mine.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #25

That was for one hose. The labor was three hours to remove and replace and purge the air from the system. It was two quart low on fluid.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #26

Lippert covered all my hoses and FR covered the labor which was around $1000.
buddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #27

Does anyone know?
If you use the allen wrench on a particular valve prior to opening the hose on that valve reduce the amount of pressure and loss of ATF fluid?

Just thought to ask if I ever need to do this.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Does anyone know?
If you use the allen wrench on a particular valve prior to opening the hose on that valve reduce the amount of pressure and loss of ATF fluid?

Just thought to ask if I ever need to do this.
Doubt it, the valve connects to pump output manifold, hose will still have high pressure. Best I can tell.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #29

So is there a way to bleed the psi off before removing the hose? I have three of the red hoses on my 2010 373 that I'm going to change out this spring.
rm373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #30

To my knowledge, if jacks are retracted and leveling system is turned off, there shouldn't be any pressure in the system, only will have pressure if the hydraulic pump motor is running......
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #31

For what it worth, the hose made by a hydraulic shop was about $60.00. I am sure NAPA or other parts shops would be about same cost. Also most AG dealers make hoses, I have had many made at my local Deere dealer.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
To my knowledge, if jacks are retracted and leveling system is turned off, there shouldn't be any pressure in the system, only will have pressure if the hydraulic pump motor is running......
Well not quite, the system maintains pressure "two blocked" on both sides of all pistons. This keeps the jacks and slides in position. Without system pressure the jacks will gravitate and slides are free to move. If you disable the motor + connection and bleed off the system you'll get rid of the pressue. Don't think any valves will work though, the pump power is applied to solenoid valves also. The system pressure is well over 1000 psi, need to be careful working on oil side.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri View Post
For what it worth, the hose made by a hydraulic shop was about $60.00. I am sure NAPA or other parts shops would be about same cost. Also most AG dealers make hoses, I have had many made at my local Deere dealer.
Curious. Did they have the ends?
What size and type were they?
Just wondering if I need to do this again.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Well not quite, the system maintains pressure "two blocked" on both sides of all pistons. This keeps the jacks and slides in position. Without system pressure the jacks will gravitate and slides are free to move. If you disable the motor + connection and bleed off the system you'll get rid of the pressue. Don't think any valves will work though, the pump power is applied to solenoid valves also. The system pressure is well over 1000 psi, need to be careful working on oil side.
I understand that the system maintains psi as you say to keep everything in place, but where do you bleed the pressure off at? Is there a bleed valve located somewhere on the system?
rm373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #35

Yes they had everything on hand, they did not appear to be anything special. My local Deere dealer would make them for my farm machinery and they used many different kinds of ends and always had them on hand. Often they would make them while I would wait. I am sure one of our local parts stores makes them also. I think changing them would be simple enough but I would need some more room to work under to get old hoses out, the rear ones lay on top of the fuel tank on my 350ts. FR offered to provide the hose if I would wait 3 weeks for the replacement.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmexline View Post
I understand that the system maintains psi as you say to keep everything in place, but where do you bleed the pressure off at? Is there a bleed valve located somewhere on the system?
Never had to do it, my problems were electrical/electronic in nature. To remove any hydraulic component I would disconnect and safe end the heavy 12V supply to the pump. After that simply release a supply and return hose at any device. Shouldn't be much volume esp if you chose a high point connection (slide). At least you'll expect a short burst of oil pressure.

Tags
hydraulic