Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #1

Leaky shower

My shower is leaking every time we use it.I had it back to lazydays about A month ago to no avail. When anyone takes a shower the water seeps under the kitchen cabinetry and wets the area around the oven.Its not coming from anywhere visible on the shower encloser itself or in back of the fawcett. Anybody hav any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	3988  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #2

I also had this problem on my georgetown,it was the shower drain seal,They had to replace the whole shower drain.I've not had a problem since.
toolmangj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #3

Leaky Shower

I had this problem along with another 391 owner. Both of us found that the j-trap connecter under the shower floor was cracked. It may have happened during manufacturing or just from the weight of a person in the shower stall. You can see the problem if you open the access hatch on the shower front and shine a flashlight under the shower floor. I'll add a picture of my cracked j-trap so you can see what it looks like.

Mine was repaired in a local RV shop by screwing out the floor drain and working the j-trap components out. I think it cost my about $100 and the mechanic showed me the cuts and scratches all over his arm from the struggle. The alternative would have been to pull the whole shower enclosure. I felt lucky.

Your configuration may be way different than the 391's setup but at least you have the benefit of my experience. Best of luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV Shower Problem.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	3989  
Old 12-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #4

Thanks for the help guys.Im going to print out your replies and take them to Lazydays for my service call.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4011  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #5

same thing happened to my father-in-laws Sunnybrook, what a pain to fix (no room to work ) they need a flexable type of drain
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown