Old 04-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #11

Hey Jim, though I haven't read the article in MH Magazine, looking at it while I type, it appears it is more to replace receptacle bulbs with LED's vs. using LED light strips on the awning or attached to the rig somewhere under it. There is a very good thread I think by Iggy pointing out replacing your interior bulbs (G4) with like wise LED's which draw a fraction of juice nor produce heat. I plan on upgrading my inside bulbs this season based on Iggy's info.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #12

The April issue of Motorhome has an installation guide for installing exterior led strips under the awning. They drill a hole in the roof into the interior cabinet for the electrical hookup, I will likely do the same. The My issue has info and recommendations of LED manufacturers and options for RV interiors

Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I have to tip toe off of the steps to be able to adjust the front knob. The problem is that even if I tighten it really good it ends up going back by itself. Not happy at all with that awning. Now that I have to have it replaced I'm going to ask for a different option. Maybe one that extends longer and it's able to angle down more.
Something like this might help you. The shade stays attached and rolls up with the awning. There is also another section that zippers to the bottom of the awning attached section. Has not caused any issues and have deployed awning numerous times. Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	estes park.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	49980  
Old 04-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #14

Bubbles.... Where did you find that? Looks like a good option to have just to help cut the sun
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookupAndGo View Post
Bubbles.... Where did you find that? Looks like a good option to have just to help cut the sun
It's made by ShadePro. www.shadepro.net. The 4 foot section slides into the awning roller and velcro secured. The added section (zippers to the 4 foot section) is what ever you want it to be to reach the ground. Comes with a storage bag for the added section. A quality product that performs as advertised. JMO.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #16

Hey cfsoistman! Are those multicolor LEDs you got or just single color? I looked at them on Ebay but the description wasn't very clear.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysabruin View Post
Hey cfsoistman! Are those multicolor LEDs you got or just single color? I looked at them on Ebay but the description wasn't very clear.
The set I bought is multi-color. It states RGB as the color which is Red, Green and Blue. These make up any color you want. There are also different custom colors you can make as well as 3 & 7 color fades and flash. There is a dimmer button as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light