Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
2011 Georgetown 350TS

LED lights

I have a 2011 350TS, would like to replace lights with LED bulbs. Has anyone done this? If so , what should I buy? Thanks
Leismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #2

I replaced all interior lights to LED , they are cool and will not burn the covers and use less power. My GT has a over 20 lights with 5 types of bulbs.
JW DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #3

My only advice is do not go to Camping World they will over charge you on the LED light replacements.

Now you can find replacements LED lights for the original bulbs on the internet. Just do a Google search for LED replacement bulbs using the original bulb number for your lights. I did this on my former camper and saved a ton of money VS Camping World prices.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
Site Team

Many members here have done the replacement. A quick search should provide their experiences. Be careful as some of the very cheap Chinese replacements use low quality components that generate noise that will cause problems with FM radio and TV reception.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #5

Search RVGeeks on Youtube. They have videos showing lots of LED replacements and a discount offer to buy the replacement bulbs, fixtures and even dimmers for just about any bulb type.
__________________________________________________ __
Days Camped: 2020 - still counting!; 2019 - 77; 2018 - 38; 2017 - 28, 2016 - 35; 2015 - 27; 2014 - 16
JCCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCarr View Post
Search RVGeeks on Youtube. They have videos showing lots of LED replacements and a discount offer to buy the replacement bulbs, fixtures and even dimmers for just about any bulb type.
Totally recommend the RV Geeks videos - and they used M4 products for their lights. Most of ours were LED, but the ones that weren't (bathroom and a few of the fixtures) I ordered from them - they have varying colors of white (warm white, cool white, natural white) and have been great to buy from. They also accept returns, so I actually ordered 2 different colors and kept the ones I wanted, returned the others. I even replaced the lights under the microwave with the vent hood! they just put out a new bulb that fits.

They are quick to reply via email and very helpful over the phone - may be a bit more expensive than ebay or some other online place, but they stand behind what they sell (one bulb didn't work on arrival, so they sent another)

M4 Products

RV Geeks has a discount code as well, if you go to their website.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
Totally recommend the RV Geeks videos - and they used M4 products for their lights. Most of ours were LED, but the ones that weren't (bathroom and a few of the fixtures) I ordered from them - they have varying colors of white (warm white, cool white, natural white) and have been great to buy from. They also accept returns, so I actually ordered 2 different colors and kept the ones I wanted, returned the others. I even replaced the lights under the microwave with the vent hood! they just put out a new bulb that fits.

They are quick to reply via email and very helpful over the phone - may be a bit more expensive than ebay or some other online place, but they stand behind what they sell (one bulb didn't work on arrival, so they sent another)

M4 Products

RV Geeks has a discount code as well, if you go to their website.

Garren
A bit more expensive? I think the M4 products are a heck of a lot more expensive. Having said that, they do appear to be a quality product. However, I recently bought 20 921 42 SMD for 17.99 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The downside to these is that the may not last as long as they should because they are automotive class 12 volt and more sensitive to the fluctuations in voltage from the converter in my camper than the M4 or the other high price LEDs.The M4s for example, are up to 18 volts, I believe. But, for $0.90 per bulb for these vs. $10.99 per bulb for the M4 product, even if they only last a year they are still a much better deal. I would have to replace these lights 12 times before they would cost as much as the M4 LEDs
jcarenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #8

I used a different approach and soldered 36 LED panels to the bulb sockets in all my fixtures.

Upgrading coach lights to LEDs | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

One of the advantages of LEDs is they can easily be modified to make them dim-able with a small reostat.

Adding a dimmer to LED lighting | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

ALSO - Adding a resistor and wall switch converts the ceiling fixture to a LOW-MED-HIGH intensity.

We did this for our bathroom and entry lights. When we turn on the switch, the light comes on very dim Great for those 3am trips to the john.

Adding bathroom light wall switch converts ceiling fixture to LOW-MED-HIGH | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Old 08-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarenz View Post
A bit more expensive? I think the M4 products are a heck of a lot more expensive. Having said that, they do appear to be a quality product. However, I recently bought 20 921 42 SMD for 17.99 on Amazon:

The downside to these is that the may not last as long as they should because they are automotive class 12 volt and more sensitive to the fluctuations in voltage from the converter in my camper than the M4 or the other high price LEDs.The M4s for example, are up to 18 volts, I believe. But, for $0.90 per bulb for these vs. $10.99 per bulb for the M4 product, even if they only last a year they are still a much better deal. I would have to replace these lights 12 times before they would cost as much as the M4 LEDs
All about choices - if you don't have a lot of experience or time to do the research, M4 will help guide you along the way.

I was speaking of my own personal experience with the purchase, when I was buying, the M4 pricing was 15-20% higher than what I was seeing on ebay direct from china - and it would arrive faster with the guarantee they were the correct bulbs and they'd work. For a couple of bucks it was worth it.

For me - worth the extra cost at the time. For others, maybe not.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarenz View Post

I haven't bought M4 bulbs because my XLR came with all LEDs. But I have bought .90 LEDs from Amazon for my Harley. I'd say I got exactly the quality and longevity I paid for.

Best of luck to you. You may have a completely different experience then I did. But I'll pay the extra for a bulb that I feel confident in when I get around to try relighting the Harley dash again. I know M4 stands behind their product and for me, $10 is a small price to pay per bulb to not have to rip my fairing apart 3 times in a year before finally giving up and going back to incandescents.
__________________________________________________ __
Days Camped: 2020 - still counting!; 2019 - 77; 2018 - 38; 2017 - 28, 2016 - 35; 2015 - 27; 2014 - 16
JCCarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light