Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #1

Leveler Pad Changeout

I have a 2008 Forest River Georgetown 374 Class A Motorhome with the Lippert Leveler system using 9" pads.
I find that the motorhome, following leveling and then slide deployment...the motorhome is not that steady.
Therefore I am looking to changeout the 9" pads to 12" pads from Lippert.
Has anyone performed this changeout and/or has anyone found a better way to level the motorhome so that when the slides are out...the motorhome is rock steady?

Thanks,
George
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #2

I don't know if they would really help all that much as there is a bit of "gimbal" to the pads anyway so they can adjust for uneven terrain. I think it has more to do with the fact that the diameter of the cylinders aren't as big as many of the other brands I have seen like HWH.

I would be very interested in your results though if you buy them....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

I, like NW Jeeper, think that the issue is more likely that the pistons/cylinders that Lippert uses are just too puny to create a stable coach. when leveled. They are a fraction of the size of the HWH jacks. Just another one of FR's cost saving features. I questioned the dealer about these anemic looking jacks and I was assured that these Lippert jacks were well known in the industry. I took that to mean they were good quality but they might have meant they were notorious. I don't know yet as I have only had a few days use of my motorhome before it was crashed into by a drunk failing to stop at a stop sign and failling to stay at the sacene of the accident. It will be in the repair shop for a couple of months.
Lloyd
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #4

Jacks size!

Prior to the Georgetown, I had a 1997 Fleetwood Storm 30H and had Bigfoot levelers installed upon purchasing the used RV...they performed remarkably well and always steadied the motorhome, and yes the pistons were larger ad teh feet were "BIG".....
Will post a reply when I get the new larger pads installed this Fall...
George
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynott96 View Post
I have a 2008 Forest River Georgetown 374 Class A Motorhome with the Lippert Leveler system using 9" pads.
I find that the motorhome, following leveling and then slide deployment...the motorhome is not that steady.
Therefore I am looking to changeout the 9" pads to 12" pads from Lippert.
Has anyone performed this changeout and/or has anyone found a better way to level the motorhome so that when the slides are out...the motorhome is rock steady?

Thanks,
George
Jeeper is right. It is the rod size of the cylinders that produce the wiggle, not the pad on the ground. "Rock steady" probably aint gonna happen with this type of rig, short of a continuous concrete block foundation under the coach, just like your house...! The larger diameter pads are for softer ground conditions. I use 2X8X24" pressure treated boards, one under each pad to get better ground support and to keep my pads out of the mud and moisture that some campsites have.