Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 08:52 PM   #1

Leveler weirdness 2015 328ts

I have a 2015 328TS that has had some weirdness/failure in the Lippet leveling system. I am not certain where to put this, so it is the GT forum.

Background

Last night i was pumping my tires up(one was at 30 psi) harbor freight 12V compressor connected to the house batteries. I have 4 batteries. The battery connect was on, lights on. nothing on.

The compressor blew a 30A fuse. I went to get a spare, in a drawer in the bedroom, I needed to push the bedroom slide to get to them. No power... After a bit of searching I reset the 2 100 A breakers, slides work...

This morning

We are loaded up, car hooked to tow dolly, I start to leave teh storage spot. Leveler is beeping, jack down led flashing, left arrow led flashing. I go outside, all jacks are up.

I do a reset, same thing. Turn engine off, etc, restart, hit the retract button, a bit later all the status leds are all blinking, "latchup condition", I do another reset. Several more times of this.

I decide that we have a serious issue and cancel our trip. As I am backing into the parking spot, all the leds blink and the panel beeps. We had pulled out 3 feet forward when things started to go south.

Two potential problems, one of the block fuses is blown, it may power the pump, I have no schematic or idea.(no meter to test this morning)

The fluid is either low of the pump was not creating enough pressure.

Anyone have any hints or other items too look at.

Based on the blown compressor fuse and a breaker blowing, i think a block fuse took a dump. Why those and not a breaker, i do not know.

I still wonder why the compressor blowing a fuse, would cause one of the 100A breakers to blow.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #2

1. Is your couch batteries fully charged? Meaning you have had the Georgetown plugged in and you are actually charging the batteries.

2. The only reason the 100 amp DC breakers trip is when the batteries are not up to speed. Low voltage which related to higher than normal amperage pull and that is what trip the 100 amp breakers.

3. Have you checked your fluid level in the Lippert tank with all slides in and levelers up? The level should be about 1/2" from the top of the tank.

4. When all the lights blink on your Lippert control panel is in idle mode and was never turned off.
It may also mean its out of calibration and needs to be Zero Levelled.
Please read your manual to get it zeroed so it know what level is.
You can lose your Lippert memory if you disconnect your engine battery for some reason.

5. You never said if your compressor was 12 volt DC or 120 volt AC. Was it running off a 12volt to 120 volt AC convertor?

Here is a picture of the Zero Levelling Process.

Hope this helps a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveler_Zero_Level.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	98584  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
1. Is your couch batteries fully charged? Meaning you have had the Georgetown plugged in and you are actually charging the batteries.

In storage lot, when stuff started, engine was on. I had to use the batt boost to get it cranked, the engine batt was dead/low

2. The only reason the 100 amp DC breakers trip is when the batteries are not up to speed. Low voltage which related to higher than normal amperage pull and that is what trip the 100 amp breakers.
The only load on them at this point was a few led lights.

3. Have you checked your fluid level in the Lippert tank with all slides in and levelers up? The level should be about 1/2" from the top of the tank.
I need to figure out where FR hide this.

4. When all the lights blink on your Lippert control panel is in idle mode and was never turned off.
It may also mean its out of calibration and needs to be Zero Levelled.
Please read your manual to get it zeroed so it know what level is.
You can lose your Lippert memory if you disconnect your engine battery for some reason.
All lights came on when I put the unit in drive.

5. You never said if your compressor was 12 volt DC or 120 volt AC. Was it running off a 12volt to 120 volt AC convertor?
12V cheap harbor freight unit, connected to one of the coach batteries.
I have 4 batteries.

Here is a picture of the Zero Levelling Process.

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #4

This may help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert Levelers Troubleshooting Tips.pdf (806.5 KB, 124 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #5

Thanks for this info. I still consider myself a newbie and this info will help a lot. The levelers on my Georgetown act up once in a while. Solo lady traveler here.
Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #6

Great information from all thank you very much. I will print this out as it is easier to use that than the small print in the manual.
dphorton is offline   Reply With Quote