Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #21

Anybody know how to zero out the coach? Otherwise, I'll go digging through the mountain of instruction manuals
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #22

One other thing to check...found out after taking to dealership....check to see if the breaker is tripped. My fuse is in the battery compartment. There is a little rubber cap on this small rod. I was told that if the cap is off and the rod is extended, then the breaker is tripped and you need to put the cap back on and push the rod in. This evidently happens if too much load is being pulled off of the batteries. I was told to leave the engine running while levelling.
ahargrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
Anacortesians

When we bought our rig, the levellers went berserk when I first tried them in auto. The pairs kept chasing each other and the system almost got all four wheels off the ground.

When we got home, I parked on our almost level driveway, emptied the fridge and put a short surveyor's bubble level in the bottom of the fridge. I then carefully used the manual mode to get the rig as close to perfectly level as I could. After that, I stuck bubble levels in the fore/aft and left/right axes of the rig, close to the levelling system control panel.

At CGs, I pull in to the site and see how far off level we are. If it's ridiculous, I ask for a better site. If it's close, I might shuffle around for a few minutes to get close to level while still on the wheels. Once parked, I then use the manual mode to get as little jack extension as needed to get level. I figure I'm levelling to keep the fridge happy, not to get the load off the tires.