Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #1

Levelers - has this happened to you?

Just got back from a short tour of the upper peninsula of Michigan. First campsite the jacks went down with some issues (too much slope in the back and overworked the pump, and it quit. Eventually found the switch that tripped (mounted on the frame near the electrical box adjacent to the pump). Reset, called Coach Net back to cancel the service call. Assumed all was well.

The second site the jacks went down without an issue. They just refused to come up... It wasn't the switch this time. All of the error lights were flashing in unison. Four hours of tech's time yielded no progress, until he bled off some fluid from each jack and manually raised them. All the way home the lights were flashing...

Monday morning I called LCI and got some suggestions, the best was to download from the LCI website a good technical manual. Also got a detailed, simple method to manually retract the jacks or slide outs

The solution?
Just press all four arrow keys simultaneously.
Replace the drained fluid.
All seems well.

Anyone have an idea what happened? Can I trust these jacks to work next time? (If it doesn't work I have the manual to help next time...)

(By the way, Coach Net was very responsive and performed as promised)
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Sherlock

2 things:

Download the manual from the website & check your house batteries. Had major problems with mine the first year until we found that 2 of the batteries were bad that came from the factory.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #3

i had all kinds of issues with the leveler jacks until i found someone on this site that said to make sure your land line is plugged in BEFORE YOU EXTEND JACKS AND SLIDES! same goes when retracting. i haven't had a problem since.
kmbusa is offline   Reply With Quote