Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
jps

Levelers wont work.

When we got to our current campground, 3 lights started blinking while I was driving. The 3 were: Jacks down, engage park brake and excessive angle. Hoping it was a momentary thing, I turned the coach off and waited. Then I cranked the engine and engaged the park brake. The 3 lights came on and blinked as they had while driving. Needless to ssy, the leveling system would not turn on. Therefore no leveling. I called lippert and really got no help with it. Has anyone had this to happen to their coach and if so, what was the fix. Any help would be appreciated. Where we are at doesn't have mobile techs and there is no repair facility nearby. This is a 2015 364ts.

James
jps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #2

Not exactly similar but I just escaped being up off all 4 wheels with erratic lights but no action from leveling system. Old posts helped me get going again. I found a breaker had been tripped. In my GT5 31L to the left of the steps the compartment with the hydraulics has inline breakers with red buttons and red arms that swing out. They are against the back wall. Once I pushed the flipped red arm back into place my system worked fine and all 4 retracted. Hope this helps.
Dmhawv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
jps

Went out and checked. There were 2 of those breakers and 1 was tripped. Got it to reset and came in and cranked the coach and every y Hong seems to be back to normal. I wonder why Lippert didn't mention that?
Old 07-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #4
jps

That should be everything seems to be back to normal.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #5

Great. Seems to be a frequent issue.
Donna
Dmhawv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #6
jps

So after being without internet for several days and traveling, The lights came back on after about 100 miles of driving. Was able at one point to reset them by disconnecting the coach from shore power and doing the battery disconnect. But after about another 100 miles of driving, they once again came on. If anyone has any other ideas, please share. I've gone through Lippert's online troubleshooting but haven't found a solution.

James
Old 08-06-2017, 05:48 AM   #7

Sorry to hear about your problems!

Very much a newbie to the Forest River community and coaches myself but where is the "computer" or processor that drives the automatic leveling operation? Could this device have "flipped its lid" or have an error code and be sending out random messages related to leveling?

Maybe let the coach go through the complete auto-leveling cycle when you are in a campsite and then put the jacks all all back down? If the self-leveling apparatus is fouled up maybe it could "clear its head" but doing this?

Maybe a more senior member more familiar with you coach could tell you how do a complete disable of the self-leveling processor or even disable the entire leveling system until you are camped again? Good luck!

BTW who is "Lippert"?
Old 08-06-2017, 07:58 AM   #8
jps

I called Lippert again on Friday. I checked the system before calling and the 3 lights were still blinking. I talked to a more helpful tech. While I was on the phone with him, he had me start the coach and miraculously the levelers were in a working mode. He had me checked the voltage to the unit beside the steering wheel and that read 13.15v. Therefore it wasn't a low voltage situation. He said that with it coming on as we traveled, it was most likely a pressure switch on a solenoid in the reservoir compartment. I haven't checked that yet since we have been having very heavy rain here in Florida where we are at. The main thing is the levelers are down and working and the coach is stabilized. I will check the switch when I get a chance to.

James
Old 08-06-2017, 08:04 AM   #9
jps

Also, Lippert is the company that supplies the leveling system to Forest River. The LCI on the box beside the steering wheel is Lippert Components Inc. If you go to lci1.com you can get a lot of pdf files that tell different things to do. Unfortunately,the 3 blinking lights wasn't covered on there.

James
Old 08-06-2017, 09:59 AM   #10

So now I know what "LCI" stands for! I had not bothered looking much into the leveling (aside from the manual) yet other then to try it out because I've used those before. In the previous post what did you mean by:

"He had me checked the voltage to the unit beside the steering wheel and that read 13.15v."

Seems important - were you at the fuse box in the battery compartment?
Old 08-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #11
jps

He had me take the panel beside the steering wheel loose. 4 screws hold it on. He had me power the coach on and do a voltage reading on the back side where the wiring is plugged in. He said the reading needed to exceed 12.5 volts so that we could eleminate any low voltage situation.