Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #1

Leveling jacks

2009 379xl

Retracted all jacks but jacks down light is still on and alarm goes off when I disengage emergency brake.

Coach also won't auto level however pump runs

Any ideas.

FYI - I just did replace the orange hydraulic lines and seals on the pump but I'm 99.9 percent sure everything is reconnected properly.

I have noticed that slides do not retract slower than they did before, but my imagination at be getting the best of me at this point.
livingouradventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #2

A couple of clarifying cents

I can manually extend and retract all jacks.

Just won't auto level (pump runs but nothing happens)!and the jacks Down light is still on and alarm sounds when emergency brake is released even though all jacks are up.

All slides extend and retract properly although they seem to move slightly slower then before replacing lines.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #3

Have you checked your fluid level in the tank?
It should be 1/2" from top when everything is in and up.

Being you just replaced a line you may have air in the lines and the air needs to be bled out of the lines.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Fluid level is good.

I have retracted and extended everything multiple times over the past two weeks but never tried auto leveling or moving the coach since finishing. I am thinking that the majority of the air has been purged thigh I may be wrong.

It Just seems like it is something electronic or sensor related. Especially since I can here the pump run after pressing the auto level. button, but none of the valves seem to be opening or closing.

Again I can manually level without any problems and their are no leaks at any of the fittings.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #5

Does the pump shut off with the down light on?
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #6

After replacing your line did you make sure each solenoid valve is fully closed by turning the head with a allenwrench? I believe that have to be snug counterclockwise I think. One may be linking and not allowing enough pressure to build up in the other circuits.

Here are my manuals for you to read. Might help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 002_electronic-leveling-plus_manual.pdf (1.70 MB, 160 views)
File Type: pdf Control_Panel_Troubleshoot.pdf (806.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #7

No; The pump continuously runs after selecting the auto level and the only way to shut it off is to turn the system off.

The same happens when disengaging the emergency break as it thinks the jacks are down even though they are up.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #8

There is a pressure switch on the pump that needs full pressure to turn the pump off and turn the green light on. I would think that if it operated properly before you changed hoses and replaced seals that there is still air in the system and would need to be bled off to cure the problem. Be very careful if you crack a line to do this because the pump puts out over 1400 lbs pressure (per lippert rep) The guys at lippert are very helpful, I would suggest calling them and ask how to bleed the air off so you don't get hurt in the process.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #9

Have you disconnected power to the main control panel?
If so you must recalibrate to Autolevel.
You must Zero the control panel so it learns what level is.
It's in the book
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
Weekender

I think that Iggy is correct. System recalibration is required to perform proper Autoleveling.
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling