Old 08-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #1

Leveling jacks lifting Georgetown off ground?? Bad?

Well twice today tried to level Georgetown using auto level..seems to be lifting right side off ground by 2".. Both sites were extremely off level.. One was soft earth the other crushed stone.. Is this OK?? Or should all wheels remain on the ground?? Tried to level manually but no luck?.

Thoughts opinions??

Thanks in advance..

Old 08-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #2

That happens with my 328TS if the site isn't level enough, and it's a pain. I think I need to "pre check" how far off it is and perhaps try to move around within the site to avoid it. One problem I've seen so far....if the back wheels are even a little bit off the ground, my door doesn't align quite right, and we have to slam it from the inside to get it to latch. On the last trip I had pretty level sites and none of these problems, but you never know what you are going to get.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #3

Scarsdale.. Thanks for the quick response.. new to this did not want to damage anything... I tried moving throughout the site back and fourth but it just wouldn't level without lifting front left... What really is a pain is I have two steps...The first step is almost 20" off the ground...
Old 08-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #4

You won't damage anything, but when they are on the ground they help stabilize the coach. If it's for a day or two I let them come off the ground. Longer than that I use pads. You will also find out that the auto tends to raise the front too much. I have a stick-on level on the driver's side of the cockpit and when I pull into a site I can quickly see if the wheels will be off the ground. Ours come off the ground in just about any site especially after doing the cheap handling fix.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #5

In sites just like you explained where the stairs are that far off the ground, do a manual level. Turn the unit on and hold the manual button until it lights up. Push the front button until both jacks touch the ground, then do the same for the rear. Then level front to back to the desire level. After that level side to side. You don't have to be perfectly level, so level it to how you like it. The auto function works well in fairly leveled sites and that's about it.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #6

Thanks Guys.... I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.. Stay safe
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #7

i have a 2012 378xl,we always use manual it just works a lot easier on all ground levals,we had the same problem with auto pain in the neck, try it it works well. Pete
Old 09-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

You definitely want those rear wheels on the ground. The emergency brake is connected to them. Manual leveling helps to keep them down since with auto-level it always pushes the front up. I carry Lynx Level blocks in case I need them. There are other systems or just a couple 2 x 8 planks to drive up on.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 AM   #9

Petey I tried to manual level.... But couldn't get it right....need to bring a level next and a better attitude ( my wife's comment to me) next time..lol..got frustrated and just put it on Auto again..lol
Old 09-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #10

Cfsoistman..It only seems to on occasion lift the front off the ground...will add the blocks to to the long list of things I need to get..

Tags
georgetown, jacks, leveling