Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 AM   #1

Leveling Jacks - Low Voltage

I have a 2011 Georgetown 350. My low voltage light is almost always on when using the Lippert self-leveling jack system. Even when the coach has been running for hours and even when plugged into AC power. Any ideas would be appreciated. Not entirely sure where the system pull its power from - may look this weekend. Wondering if it is just a poor ground.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Low voltage light? Where are you seeing this light? I always leave my engine running while I level and then turn it off. The key needs to be in the on position anyway so why not just leave it run for the additional minute or so it takes to level.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #3

The coach must be running when using the levelers. They draw a lot of amps and even with the coach plugged in; the charger doesn't put out enough power to the batteries. Has the levelers always worked before? You unit is a 2011; have you had it long? Also does the slide work ok? The levelers and the slide are on the same circuit. If the levelers won't come down then usually the slide won't go out either. There is a circuit breaker on the frame rail near the batteries that usually trips when the levelers are used if the batteries are low or the coach isn't running. Why Forest River wired things this way is anybody's guess.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #4

I've never thought to turn off the engine before leveling. Once we get the rig set in the spot we want we put out jack pads and hit the auto-leveler - then we shut off the engine. Only takes a couple of minutes.
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

I think mine has a warning label to keep engine running while leveling coach. that the best I can remember, have not seen my coach in 6 weeks.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #6

I always keep the engine running when leveling but the light still seems to be on most of the time. The system seems to work fine though. Have never had any trouble extending or retracting the levelers but just seems odd to have this low voltage light on. Will add this to my list for a dealer to look at someday.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #7

I had this happen once. Engine was on, generator was on, low voltage light blinking but all worked as normal. I'm not sure what it was.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voltage