Old 07-11-2015, 08:08 AM   #1

Leveling Jacks Won't go down

I had raised and lowered the jacks three different times before leaving the house yesterday with no problems. Last night when we parked at the drag strip for a two day race the jacks won't go down. Thankfully we are parked in a level spot so it's not a big issue at the moment but will need to address it when we get home.
Engine is running, parking brake on, batterys are fully charged. Display panel lights up and has no red or blinking lights. Fluid level is good and I lubricated the shafts earlier this week. Breakers are not tripped but I did reset them anyway. I usually use manual level but since it wasn't working I tried auto. The auto light is on but the jacks don't respond. Tried resetting the brake and take it out of park and then back.
Any thoughts?
I often wonder why things like this seem to work fine until you leave home and then decide to act up.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #2

Do you hear the pump running?

On our Equalizer system (NOT Lippert) our slides worked but not the jacks, no pump running.
The tech said it was a loose ("never crimped") connection from the parking brake.
He was surprised it had worked as long as it had.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #3

Check under the stairs for a reset if it's a georgetown you should see where the reset is next to the battires on the frame
Old 07-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #4

Yeah the breaker by the steps was my first thought as I've had that trip once before.
Haven't had a chance to listen to see if pump is running yet. Not only do we have the noise from the dragstrip but the generator in my MH is right next to the pump. it's right at 100 today so I don't want to shut the generator down if I don't gave to. Will definitely check that when we get home

Charleston SC
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
Old 07-12-2015, 11:18 PM   #5

Leveling Jacks Won't go down

Here's the user's guide. I didn't get one with my 2015 Georgetown, thought you might not have one either. Go to the trouble shooting page and check there first. An old saying from my flying days, "When all else fails, read the directions!"
Hydraulic jack Ops & svc manual (Georgetown).pdf
Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Here's the user's guide. I didn't get one with my 2015 Georgetown, thought you might not have one either. Go to the trouble shooting page and check there first. An old saying from my flying days, "When all else fails, read the directions!"
Attachment 82702
Checked manual also. Upon leaving the Dragstrip late yesterday I did get a warning that the jacks were down when I pulled the emergency brake to leave. They were not. Then went to a "Latched Out" warning. Have not yet got back under to check. I didn't want to risk getting the jacks stuck down away from home. I hope to gather more information tonight after work.

Charleston SC
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
Old 07-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #7

I have the same problem. The fronts go down, the breaker opens and the basks do not go down until I reset the breaker
Old 07-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #8
2006 Georgetown 340

We are on a trip now and had a similar problem. Pump wouldn't run, slideouts wouldn't work, jacks wouldn't work. I could hear the solenoid trying to fire when my wife pressed the slideout button, but nothing. I called the Lippert tech support and they walked me through the troubleshooting and found that with all the bad roads we were on, the positive terminal under the steps had corroded and broken off. reconnected and everything worked.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #9

CJD, i am having issues similar to you with my levelling jacks on our 2014 335. I have to unplug the black and white wire connector at the pump to raise the jacks and then plug it back in if i want to lower the jacks. If you search on here for LCI leveling Jacks you should find posts about this issue. Apparently there is an issue with some of the wiring harnesses and a diode failing. I am working with my dealer to resolve the issue.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanM View Post
CJD, i am having issues similar to you with my levelling jacks on our 2014 335. I have to unplug the black and white wire connector at the pump to raise the jacks and then plug it back in if i want to lower the jacks. If you search on here for LCI leveling Jacks you should find posts about this issue. Apparently there is an issue with some of the wiring harnesses and a diode failing. I am working with my dealer to resolve the issue.
Love to find out which black and white wires.
The pump has a reversing relay on it with a black and white wires.
Is this what they told you to remove to get the jacks up?

Please let us know the procedure just in case. Thanks

See Picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	82813  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling